Wednesday, December 31, 2008

What I did on NY Eve




That Hugh and I have been at it again. We bonded over kitchen time. We made jello - regular lime for him and SF black cherry for me with the lite pie filling and pomegranite diet 7-Up. We need to work on his being natural when I'm taking pics. Ever notice how some people get weird in front of the camera? Hugh usually opens his mouth and squinches his eyes thinking he's looking all cute - it's just squinchy, really.
We also decided on a 3-course meal for our evening. He prepared Caesar salad from one of those Dole kits. He loves that Caesar stuff. Then we had shrimp cocktail. The main course was Weight Watcher Super Nachoes.



Hugh did the prep work for me. Here he works at chopping onions. I worried about him cutting himself while I was taking a picture, but he managed not to. Whew. He did spill a whole glass of soda on the counter just before this though.





Nachoes:


I even counted out a serving of chips - the whole grain kind. These are excellent but pricey. Same price for a whimpy bag of these as for a completely full bag of the white corn chips we adore, but it's all about the health bennies around here. I believe this is a 5 point course. I even used my brand new WW measured servers to give me 1/2 C of the meat/bean yummie stuff. So good. I'm satisfied but not stuffed. What's that you say?? Not stuffed????!!! Egads. Yeah, people, I'm accustomed to being stuffed to the flipping gills when I eat. That's leading up to my plan for '09.

Hugh and I also made black bean brownies. These kick butt. I used 1.5 C up black beans all pureed up in the blender. Hugh beat them into the brownie mix and baked at 350. FUDGE YUMMY. I'm taking these to NY lunch at my friend's house tomorrow. I also made pumpkin custard so I can have a treat yet tonight.

Hugh and I went to get the car taken care of and turns out the stereo is bad. They thought it was a bad battery $cha-ching$ until they turned the car on after installing a new battery and the stereo still was acting all weird. I was late for therapy. Dang. But we did shopping therapy.

I bought a pair of straight size 22 jeans. $8. for that I can look at them for a while hanging on my closet door. It'll be a while, but I will get into those bad boys.

In 2009 I want to lose 100 lbs. That's about 1.9 lbs a week every week.

I will do a walking DVD for 30 minutes every day until I can walk outside again. At that time I will walk outside. These will be morning walks.

I will do some kind of workout for 30 minutes every afternoon. This workout can be the Wii Fit, Biggest Loser DVD, or the elliptical, or another walk.

I will do at least 50 ball crunches every day. I will also do ball back extensions every day for core and back strength.

I will drink at least 8 glasses of liquid every day, half of it water. Will try to exceed this minimum.

I will eat within my points and stick tightly to tracking, weighing, measureing everything.

I will plan to eat. I will not eat at random or just mindlessly grab and go.

I will learn to stop when I am comfortably satisfied - not stuffed.

That's it. Pretty simple. It means doing more of what I have been doing in most areas of my life.

I will continue therapy so I can get rid of more stress-inducing things.

I will also continue to blog and read other blogs for ideas, information, recipes, support to get through this with lots of support.

Happy New Year, friends.

I wish you health and peace in 2009.

6 comments:

Ron said...

Happy New Year Linda!!!

Anonymous said...

I just love how you include Hugh in the cooking at home. He will always remember that.

Great goals that you have too. Let's make our goals happen this year.

Anonymous said...

Whew! I just can't believe how much you get done in one day. Love that you and Hugh cook together. Great meal--love making it a 3 course thing.

That is quite a list of goals. I'll be cheering you on in 2009, Linda. Happy New Year!

Anonymous said...

(off NY topic) I love all the photos of hugh youve been posting, Linda.
he is so much a part of who YOU are and I appreciate you sharing that with us virtualstrangers as well.

Anonymous said...

Oh man. Those nacho's just about threw me off the wagon. Just kidding. I love nachos and haven't had any for a long time. Chips are a major weakness for me so I "try" (tryin's lyin) to stay away completely. 130 lbs down though, so I guess it wasn't all lyin. Anyway, looks like a great time. I like the blog. Keep up the good work.
http://run4change.wordpress.com

Every Gym's Nightmare said...

Happy New Year!

Kelly Turner
www.everygymsnightmare.com