Saturday, December 27, 2008

Day After Christmas - Sales!

I am normally not one to go shopping the day after Christmas. Ick! But about 9:30 my phone rang and it was my BFF Diane. We rarely see each other. Weird for a BFF gig, but that's the truth of it. She was bored and wanted to do something, so I agreed to go shopping.

I did get about 2oo bucks cash for Xmas. Loved that, but I felt weird Xmas day watching everyone else open bags and boxes and unwrapping things. I got envelopes. I felt a little slighted. "Raised-by-Wolves" and his wife gave me a 1 pound box of chocolates even tho they know I do WW. His wife tried to tell him, but he insisted they give it to me anyway. Nice, right? Jackass. Next year I take my sister-in-law shopping with me. She is clueless. They didn't know what I like. KRIKEY! Look around at my house for Pete's sake - I have all that Xmas stuff and love it. DUH.

So I went out and bought me a bunch of things that I LOVE and they were ON SALE! I got several more Santa thing - a steal. Also got a couple of snowmen. We scored wrapping paper for 1.40 a roll at Wal*Mart. Went to the Lane Bryant Outlet and I got five a sweater, 2 tops, sleep pants, some undies for under 50 bucks. Went to Kohls where I used my Kohls cash and paid 20 bucks for lots of goodies on Christmas sale. I got new slippers! We spent the whole day shopping and it was fun.

We at at Unos. I had penne with roasted veggies. Yum. But I still blew the WW gig. Sigh. Today now has to be my day one. It HAS to be. I ran into another WW member and we discussed the leader. It seems that several of us - like 8+ find her cranky and not very motivating or supportive. Someone needs to tell her. GULP. No one wants to speak up. I might. OR I might go to a meeting in another town with a different leader to check out the difference. Then tell her. Wouldn't she want to know that she is turning people OFF? *I don't blame my struggles on her at all - mine is all me.*

So - I will get me crud together today and eat right. I will also exercise. I will try my new Sansone Pilates/Ball workout. I will also do a walking DVD. And I will break out the Wii Fit. I've been slacking. I have until Tuesday to fix my 5lb gain from last week. It can be done. I will do it.

Make today a great day, everyone. Hugh comes back tomorrow. It's 43* here at 6:11 a.m. We have major fog and some rain going on. They are calling for thunderstorms. When it gets cold, it is going to be nasty out there. I'm staying inside.

ttfn!

4 comments:

Ron said...

Glad you enjoyed your day of shopping!!! Strictly OP for me again too!

Jenn said...

Goodness Linda, you could have been reading our weather report. Sheesh! It's hard to believe that we had a snow storm just a few days ago.

As for the Christmas present issue, we have a website called our wish list where we publish what we want for Christmas. It makes it easier for the shoppers and you almost always get something that you want.

Now go get your workout on girlfriend. You can do this.

Jenn

Anonymous said...

That's so fun shopping with Christmas money! Especially when you can get twice as much as you would have gotten before Christmas.

As far as telling a cranky, non-motivating, unsupportive leader that she is like that...do you think it will change her??? I vote for checking out the leader in a different town. I guess you could tell your leader about her problem, and then if she didn't do anything to change, you could report the problem to w.w. headquarters. You'd think they would want to know about such a problem. Really, I do wonder what kind of interview process they've got going to choose leaders. There are some pretty bad ones out there, as well as some great ones...

Anonymous said...

checking on you...was yesterday soup day?

send me thoughts of a calm visit with the inlaws please :)
no talk of religion or politics.