
Good morning friends. I hope this day finds you right where you want to be, whether it's alone in peace or surrounded by family.
I started out yesterday feeling all ugly and cranky once I got going. Full of self-pity and whoa is me thinking. I even tried smoking a cigarette to take care of the stress, but 3 puffs in I was grossed out. Then I had to deal with an irritated throat all day long.
To snap out of it, I made Hugh come cook with me. We made dip - 4 kinds - for veggies and crackers. He of the inexperience pulled the beater out of the cream cheese too soon while it was running and ended up wearing it. So he took his sweatshirt off and went in search of an apron. Here is how he whipped for dip:

it was a little too "Chippendales-in-the-kitchen" for me, but we lauged and created and made fun out of it. Here is his finished creation:

This is Hugh's apricot spread made with cream cheese (1/2 reduced fat ,1/2 fat free) and topped with apricot jam. YUM!
We went sledding, but I forgot the camera. OMG. Laughter and more laughter. It was silly and an excellent workout. Plus I had to shovel the driveway again. It's 10 below to start the day. I have to take Hugh to be with his father for a couple of days. Will come back and have Christmas with my family. If "Raised-by-Wolves" starts in, I'm drinking! Oh, here is another pic of my "collection" of Santas:
I also have some nativity sets, but the picture didn't turn out and I don' feel like going back to take again.Well, the niece is up. We have to open presents now. Hugh can't stand the wait.
Make it a great day, people.
God bless us, every one.
Blessings on everyone for those non-Christians in the crowd.
ta ta for now!

4 comments:
Merry Christmas, Linda! Hope you are enjoying your 'free' afternoon. You could write a book about all your adventures with Hugh--sledding, cooking, playing.
hope it was a great day, Friend.
and LOVE the pics of hugh.
that smile....
Missed seeing your blog yesterday. Look like you and Hugh had fun!
Hope you had a great Christmas, Linda!
Love your Santa collection - very charming.
Hope you weren't forced into drinking!
Post a Comment