Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Tuesday - snow day! Boooyah.

Teacher holiday!!!

yep - we got 6-8" of snow in the last 19 hours. I got a good workout in already by going out and clearing the driveway and sidewalk out front. I even have a neighbor who will take care of it with his snowblower or 4-wheeler plow, but I beat him to it! Yes, folks, I chose to go out and move snow by shovel; I am sick in the head, maybe! Then I took my crazy younger dog out in the back yard for snow recreation. He is a wild man! The cold brings out the border collie in that boy.

I made some beef stew and gave a pint of it to the village maintenance guy. He spent the night in town and has been plowing since early. He forgets to eat, so I forced stew on him. I made pancakes for Hugh for breaky. I added pumpkin for myself - YUM! I always add oatmeal, too. Will have to work the cakes off today.

Hugh and I are going to play Wii - Dance Dance Revolution. That'll help. Today will be about some cleaning, laundry, and sewing. I got a new sewing machine for me last Xmas and it is still in the box. Today is the day!!

I'll be back later, I'm sure.

TTFN

5 comments:

new*me said...

it's blowing snow here but just a dusting! I remember shoveling a foot last year and thinking I was in serious danger of having a heart attack at a very out of shape 300 plus pounds (hubby was out of town). This year when we get enough to shovel I'm gonna be out there getting my workout in.........watch out hubby!!!

Anonymous said...

I cant imagine there as we are COLD and got hailsnow here last night.

jealous of the wiifit.

any chance of a video of you 2 dancing??

Amy S. said...

super jealous, I want a snow day.

I left you an award on my blog, but I know the instructions take forever when passing it on, so just know you are inspiring!

LastJourneyDown said...

Linda - jusr found your blog - sounds cooooollddd!!! I like the idea of sewing a wiifit together! Dancedancedance! It seems that Amy left you an award, and I want to tag you for a meme.(Hope you haven't gotten one of these!) If you go to my blog, there are instructions, but as Amy said, it takes a while! Keep up the great work and enjoy the snow!

Ron said...

Just came accross your blog for the 1st time. Congrats on getting that work out with your driveway and the snow!