Friday, December 5, 2008

Friday!

Welcome to Friday! The week sure has gone fast. I swear I will whack the next person who asks me if I"m done Christmas shopping. I am not a fan of shopping. I went w/out money for so long that I've learned to be pretty frugal, but put me out there Xmas shopping, and I go out of control - buying for ME! Yeah. Weird. I don't buy much for myself, but as I'm gift-looking for others I'm running across great prices on things I'd get me for Xmas. I know I should ask for these things for Xmas, but my family will not get me exactly what I want - they try to "come close". I don't want close, i want what I want. And that's okay!

It's gotten really cold up here in Wisconsin. The K-9 units have been out but not on a walk since Tuesday. When we go out and they stand on 3 legs like statues because their feets are too cold, we come back in. Last night I busted out the 2nd Biggest Loser DVD and did 40 minutes of circuit training. The good thing about having spent 6 months at the gym is that I now understand form a whole lot better and know how to tap into the right muscles while strength training. Having cleaned over the weekend, I can now use the Prevention walking DVD I found again. So I did that as well for a combined hour of indoor fitness. I should have done it again this morning, but I sat down with coffee instead. I'll have to hit the fitness and a little better eating this weekend.

I'm dragging my mother to see The Oakridge Boys Christmas. She better enjoy it, dammit. She's so hard to do anything for. Ugh. We have to go to an 8:00 show tomorrow night which is kinda late for a blue hair and an early riser, but I think it will be worth it.

Nothing much going on up here. I haven't even cooked anything worth talking about this week.

Make it a great day, friends!

6 comments:

Donnalouise said...

What a workout! I hated those Biggest Loser DVDs...not for me. But I'm glad to hear someone enjoys them. I've started jogging...not running...more like a trot Hehehehe

Anonymous said...

Great job on the workouts. It's cold here too in IL but we'll be heading to 70-80 degree weather in just a few days. Jamaica soon come!

LOL@ the Christmas shopping question. I am usually done by now but I only have one gift and that is for mom. Most all other gifts will be bought while we're on vacation.

Have a great weekend!

Conny said...

Question about indoor walking DVDs since I've always used Kathy Smith walking tapes outdoors. Is an indoor walking routine simply marching in place? If so, how do they keep it interesting?

Funny about your Christmas shopping habits. Back when I had more money (about 10 years ago) when I shopped, I'd buy one thing for myself for every one thing I bought others. Same reason too: no one in the family would ever get me exactly what it was I wanted.

Linda said...

Conny - I hope you come back for an answer. Essentially the DVDs are a variation of marching in place, forward and back, and side to side. You'd be amazed how they can mix it up to keep it interesting.

This link: http://www.prevention.com/cda/categorypage.do?channel=news.voices&category=videos

can take you to a demo video. If the link doesn't work, go to Prevention.com and use the video link to find their videos. I am at work so I can't test drive them, but I'm assuming you can see how they go.

Conny said...

Thanks, Linda. I will check it out, but also not test drive here at work. Co-workers sure would wonder what the heck I was doing in my office. It would, however, be funnier if I had a cubicle.

Have a great weekend.

Anonymous said...

Linda, too funny about the Christmas shopping. That is exactly what I do (did.) I am not Christmas shopping this year. Enough is enough...for me and for everyone else.

The Oakridge Boys. That will be such a fun concert.

And the dogs standing on 3 legs. I don't think I've ever lived where it was that cold!