I decided that I can't stand the idea of having to hide my blog from prying eyes any longer. I should not have to do that. The burden of privacy is on the SINGLE individual who has been slinking around here looking for ways that I am breaking school confidentiality. I'm not, so he can stop looking.
Everybody wave to Mike!

Okay, now I feel better. A little. It is soooooooo flippin' cold here today! OMG. I went out at 6:00 to shovel, knowing that when the sun comes up it is only going to get colder. Shovelling is a great circuit training workout. I work my arms, abs, and legs, and it makes me sweat, so it's circuit training. How about -10* to start your day. Thank goodness for village man - Jerry who rocks! - who came along and plowed out the end of the driveway. Now I know I can at least leave if I need to. We are to continue getting bitter cold and high winds which will make some amazing drifts. I hope they can get the county and township roads near school open, because I have a bazillion things to do there before break.
Hugh and I finished our shopping yesterday. We came home to drop our stuff, pick up the dogs, and go sledding. What a blast. I am telling you, people, sledding is fun and a great workout. The adrenalin rush from going hell-bent down hill is ludricrous and the walk back up the hill makes my heart pound. But every step is worth it. Too bad we'll have -25* windchills today...
On the food front, things are shaky. I really want to lose weight this week, but I'll be happy with a maintain. It's just haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrd. But I am not giving up. I have to make it thru 5 days - 5. It'll be fine. After Xmas, the pressure and stress will be off. Isn't it funny that the next five days will be such an OCD food mess for me? Why can't I look at them as just 5 more days in my life? Ugh. It's the stress of hosting Xmas for the family and knowing how much work I have to do before it gets here.
We are finished with shopping. Now I have to wrap everything. I also have to clean every room. I want to get the dinning room table cleared off. Everyone in my family uses their table as a landing strip for junk. Why can't we just throw stuff away? I remember my grandma's table being so covered with stuff that we could sit around it to eat w/out a major production number. Does that mean it's genetic?
We made easy holiday treats. Take a pretzel, unwrap a chocolate kiss or mini pb cub and set it on pretzel, fill a paper-lined baking sheet with them. Bake in 350 oven for 2 minutes, pull from oven, gently shove MnM candy on top. Put on frigid porch to cool. I might have told you that already. But I'm impressed. They look kinda nice. And were WAY easy.
Okay, folks. Welcome back. Thank you to the readers who came out of the woodwork to say they were readers. I'm overwhelmed, really. And humbled.
Bless you all, from the Cham-Cratchet Xmas household.

5 comments:
Congrats on coming back out in the open. Sounds like Mike needs to get a life!!!! Hang in their thru the next few days! I actually had a 2 pound gain last week so I am hoping to drop a pound before Christmas and then maintain!
Good for you Linda. That bit with the lurker was ridiculous.
And I don't know if its helpful to hear or not, but I completely get your statement that its haaaaaaaaard...I remember very well that feeling. Almost like lifting a weight that is just a bit more than you can actually do. But here's what I wanted to tell you. It really does get easier. After 4 years of 'heavy lifting' (mentally) Christmas is not such a big deal. I can decide to do this or that, bake or not bake, eat or not eat without all the angst and haaaaaaaaaard mental work. Of course there is always the occasional unexpected lapse (current blog entry....)
YAY! welcome back
:)
II 'm so glad you're public again. It was a hassle the other way. I mean, I was willing to do it, but it was a hassle of sorts.
I just got finished with the cleaning the house part. Now I have to make final decisions on the menu, copy down all the recipes, and make a shopping list. It seems like so much work. Isn't this supposed to be fun? It would be so much easier if there wasn't solid ice on all the streets and more snow falling like crazy with no end in sight.
G-D I LOVE YOU. Your sense of humor.
and Mike.
welcome to Mike.
Post a Comment