Monday, December 1, 2008

Monday 31 Days to Progress

It's a good start to a new month. Glad to be back at work so my food access is limited and the possibilities are NOT endless. Someone brought in some kind of frozen/refrigerator pie today. By day's end more than half was left. I looked at it and almost offered to share a piece with the next person coming in the room, but I didn't know what exactly it was, so I passed. *boo-yah*

I took my walk this morning with the dogs. It snowed last night, and I believe we exceeded our 2" prediction again. I only did one circuit this morning because it was really windy and tough going. Mizfit says I get extra points for resistance from the snow drifts, my big boots, and the wind. I just got back from my evening walk, which makes that almost an hour today! Yay. Oh, I"m not done. I owe me some crunches on my new physio ball. If I have anything left maybe I'll do the elliptical - but that might be overkill. LOL

My experiment with the squash went well. I would not add the shredded cheese, and I might not add the sour cream next time. I think the 2 wedges of laffing cow Swiss with the olive oil from sauteeing the garlic made it creamy enough. I loved it. It hung on to my pasta just fine - I ended up using bowties and masticiolli *baby manicotti*. My veggies were great. I will have to try this again with the frozen squash in the freezer. It was comfort food, that's for sure.

My sweet some was overheard saying something interesting at Thanksgiving. He was at the table with is plate choosing foods, and he was shaking his head while muttering, "Hmmm, all that saturated fat...". Now I don't know what he knows or doesn't know about saturated fat, but I can tell he is at least paying attention to someone who has been talking healthy talk. My niece thought it was pretty cute.

Weigh-in is tomorrow. As of tonight I was down a little from last week. Heck, I'll take a .8 loss this week if that's what I'm allowed. The rest of the month - look out! I'm kicking fat to the curb, baby.

Supper tonight is pretty simple. Store-bought frozen salmon skewers and peas. Maybe a couple of small potatoes as well...we'll see.

Oh, cool thing. I put on a sweater this morning that Iforgot I even own. It's a turtle neck and a deep purple. It's also a size 22/24. I was a little iffy about wearing it, and I decided I'd put my jacket on when I got to school. Well, got to school and NO jacket. So I had to walk around like that all day. And no one thought I looked bad - or no one said anything; not like they would. But ya know, I felt pretty good. The pants I was wearing used to fit like leggings, and now they are just pants and the right length. It felt good. I'm also starting to gain a cheering section in the library - the aid and tech gal are my rah-rah team. That's pretty nice.

Okay - I'm rambling. I have more laundry to do. Thanks for popping in. I'll post my weigh in results tomorrow.

bye friends!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Way to go on your walks and recipe experiments. I'm impressed you're walking in the snow and I'm going to the gym because it's foggy and chilly (at least for California it's chilly) here. :) Good luck on the weigh in tomorrow.

Anonymous said...

Way to go on your walk in the snow and not having the pie. And congrats on the clothes fitting better. That is always a good feeling.

I'm not starting out the month on a good note (we are sick with a viral ick) but at least it's this week and not next when we are on vacay. So needless to say, I didn't work out today and I'll skip tomorrow most likely. Hopefully I'll fee up to workouts Wed-Sun.

Have a great weigh in!

Jenn said...

Yay! You are doing so well. Congrats on the cloths fitting better.

Jenn

new*me said...

you are doing so great! GO YOU!!!! When clothes start looking better, it just can't get much sweeter ;)

Anonymous said...

I love your rambles :) and adore what hugh said about the fat!

the so so mimic us huh? the good and the bad (she types thinking about yesterday and hoping the toddler doesnt drop an F'Bomb)

Juice said...

Yay! Isn't it fun when you get to "shop" your closet for old friends that fit once again? Keep up the great work!