Wednesday, December 31, 2008

New Years Eve Plans

I really have no plans for tonight. I don't have a fella; I don't have a BFF who isn't attached at the hip to a fella; I don't socialize much, so I don't have anyone to go out with. My bedtime is normally 9:00, so staying up until midnight feels foolish to me. What for? Hugh wants to do it, but I know he will crash before then.

Plans for today:

1. go get the stereo in the car fixed again. They replaced the broken last week, but every time I turn the car off the thing resets itself. It's annoying when I have learned to rely on the clock in the car to keep me on track.

2. go to therapy. Yah. I was supposed to keep track of the times I've eaten emotionally and didn't. I keep telling myself I didn't because I hate stuff like that, but I think I didn't because it's part of the denial I've perfected over the years.

3. eat at Subway. I promised the boy we could.

4. get groceries. I need to make a healthy dinner tonight. We need healthy food for that. I will also need healthy food for next week. I'd like to get some cooking done and freezer containers made up ahead of time with healthy meals.

5. Wii fit: they tell me that there is a 10 minute hulahoop session on there. I need to figure out what I have to do to unlock that bad boy. I suspect it's in the strength portion somewhere. Strength is my weakness, so I avoid it for aerobics, balance, and yoga...I love all of those...I walked the tightrope yesterday and made it all the way across!

6. Walking dvd: If I can find Sansone I will do it. I may have to go to K-mart for a new one.

I'm thinking about plans for next year and a year in review. Perhaps that's what I'll work on tonight after dinner. I'll share. 'Tis the season for resolve after all.

Make it a great day!

4 comments:

CJ said...

Good luck. Spend the time with Hugh ringing in the new year, even if its before midnight, try to have some fun!!

Anonymous said...

Yah, I'm like you. No big deal. Trying not to make it an excuse for cookies and candy...

Anonymous said...

Today is our 12th anniversary so every year we go to Beni Hana to celebrate. We will go shopping before then we have an early dinner and it's home to watch all the fun on TV and maybe play a bit of Wii.

I'm also working on my resolution/goal blog post. It's taking me some time LOL Big plans for this year!

Let's rock 2009

Brightcetera said...

Hi Linda!
Your email to me was sent to my spam file so I'm just getting to it now.
Yes! I will add you to the challenge! Absolutely!
We're in the same boat for tonight.
I'm trying to not let it bother me but it is this year.
Think of me, eh?
Happy New Year!