I really like that I don't have to say this is Day 1 of my new diet and report how it went. Why?
I'm a vet. Been in this trench for more than one hitch. I've re-upped more times than John Wayne and Sylvester Stallone combined. Action? Yeah, I've seen action. I joined a gym. I sweated with the best and worst of 'em. Lost a few buddies along the way. I've got some battle scars called muscles rippling down there under my woman-flesh. I've walked. I've popped. I've chugged - even my weight in ounces of water. I've ellipticaled if that's even a word. And soldier, I've failed. Oh, yes, I've failed. (cue patriotic music) But I keep jumping back into this foxhole called the journey for health because...well...it's in my blood. And I'm well armed. I've got a battalion of folks behind me where most people fear to tread. And I've got weapons of fat-destruction just waiting to be launched on my ass. Do I look tired? Well, I am tired. I deserve to be tired. You can't handle the tired. Yes, soldier, this fitness-health-wellness-mental stability-weightloss war is Hell. But I'm just the woman to handle it. And a year from now when I'm raising a flag made from my giant undies that my son offered to take to show and tell at school over mountain of fat, you'll hear my battle cry:

"I'm a skinny bitch, people! How do ya like me now???"
(work with me here: that's not a flag, them are me granny pants on a stick; and those are local firemen trying to prevent me from hanging them off the firehouse roof. And that's the frigid Wisconsin winter sky, not smoke from actual bombs bursting in mid-air.) (And thank you, vets, by the way. My dad was a Korean War Vet. God rest his soul.)
Whew. That was quite a tangent. I hope no one is offended. You can be offended. It's my blog and I'll write what I want to, so I stick my tongue out at you who are offended:
Thank you kitty picture people from the internet.I said I wasn't going to report, but I am going to report.
Food: 35/33 points
Activity: 30 Sansone Walk, 21 Wii Fit (hulahoop 10 minutes for 3400 reps!) and 3 mins elliptical
I know I KNOW - stay under or at those points. This is way better and way more honest than I have been in the entire month of December, so lighten up. (or I'll be forced to use the cat tongue again.)
Hugh is gone for the weekend, so no cute cooking pictures to post today. I cooked oatmeal this morning and made some toast w/PB for him. We had New Years dinner at my friend Bob's sister's house with his partner and his partner's sister, and Bob's sister and hubby. Did you get all that, cuz I ain't running it by you'se again. They made "filet". Something about folks with $$ - seems they are all about their "filet". WTF? I shit you not. I live in a tiny town with two Illinois-tourist occupied lakes, and the nice guy at our little grocery store goes thru "filet" like crazy all summer long. Winter - it don't sell. We locals like our chuck roast, top sirloin, t-bones, and rib-eyes. WFT is a filet anyway? It was good, dont' get me wrong. But I'd have chosen a more friendly cut of meat, I would. Then again, I ain't got the kinda money the "filet crowd" does. They even go home to "marinate the filet" and have drinks on the deck.
I.eat. chuck. (Certainly not very often!)
PS - how the hell do ya marinate one of these anyway?


8 comments:
Happy New Year? Did you watch old WWII movies today btw? :)
Very funny, Linda. I think you are tired like I am. We should both go to bed.
Private Tamzin reporting for duty!
:D
love the post. teehee
Great post!
I like the part about "re-upping!"
Yep, all been there, maybe too many times?!
Happy Friday!
Linda - you're very inspiring - I check out your site daily. My site is www.wwatchmelose100.com and I'd love for you to check it out and tell me what you think.
Oh my you had me ROFL. You just crack me up. Wish I could write like that ha ha
And Tamzin took what I was going to say yep she did.
Merry New Year!
I love this post.
and the Fill-ette.
though I can never afford it.
happy weekend (finally).
Filet is just another part of the cow. It's very tender but has less flavor than many less expensive cuts because it's from a part of the cow that doesn't move. The moving parts are tougher but have more flavor. It's no big deal really. I like the chewier parts of beef, all beef, really, but I stopped eating it when my cousin died from mad cow disease. That'll put you off beef. It's bad for your arteries anyway.
Post a Comment