Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Wednesday 3.18

Day three of the jumpstart.

Wondering how the 30-Day Jump Start is different?
It's not. It's another diet. The reason I feel like it's going well is that I am doing it...with the exception of the 2 sugar cookies I ate yesterday. *smirk*

Yesterday I tried steel-cut oats. They were very tasty and filling. I ate them with cinnamon and a skosh of brown sugar. I also made strawberry puree, just to use up my berries. Ummmm, I don't remember adding protein to that, so I didn't. Would I eat s-c oats again? Sure- I bought a box of it, so I have to. Not thrilled with the cooking time, but I read that one can make a big batch ahead of time and reheat.

Lunch yesterday was chicken veggie stir fry with quinoa. The stuff is a little funky to look at, but I like the texture and taste.

Dinner was grilled top sirloin with onions and mushrooms, fancy spring-mix lettuced, grape tomaotes (which I'm learning to like) and that was it. I didn't eat snacks during the day because I was busy and since I was home I was able to prepare meals around the time I was hungry.

Treat: 2 sugar cookies (I thought I bought them for H, but he didn't eat them.) And I had 1/2 cup of FF vanilla yogurt with 1/4 cup of Fiber One. Not sure why I love that last as a treat, but I do. I think better than the cookies, because I know there are health bennies to the yogurt and cereal.

On the potty front: I got a new one. There was a thingy lodged in the bowl that Mac-the-Plumber couldn't get out. I now have a new toilet bowl. Not looking forward to the bill. It was a lot of work. But we are good to go! (get it? good to "go"?)

The greatest benefit to eating better (by the way, i think I'm eating clean here) is the energy. I wanted to go back to bed yesterday not because I was tired, but because it seemed like a good idea. However, I couldn't sit still long enough to even get close to dozing. My house is not pretty tidy. Last night I even did the dishes and cleaned up the kitchen after supper - usually I just leave the mess and let it all pile up for days. I even dried and put stuff away. Truly, this never happens. I am usually so tired that I just skip it and pretend it isn't there. Hopefully this wasn't just a fluke, and i can keep up the good work. I feel better when my space looks better, that is for sure.

Hey, make it a great day. I am getting my shaggy hair cut later today. It's a mess!

tatafornow!

5 comments:

BVar said...

I make 4 servings of steel cut oats at a time, put them in individual bowls then just re reheat them when I have a bowl. Sometimes I add a bit of water to it before reheating. Yummy

MaryFran said...

Amen! I'm constantly amazed at how much energy I have when i'm eating right and exercising. It is totally energizing!

twinkelydots said...

A friend of mine does her steel cut oats in a crock pot overnight.

It's amazing how great I feel when I eat right & exercise. I have to force myself at times to remember how great I feel so that I won't go back to old habits.

new*me said...

cooking the oats ahead is the only way to go ;)

Yay for a new potty.....boo for a bill!

My energy is lacking this week a bit. My house is showing it! I am having some hormonal issues so maybe that is it. Send me some of yours please ;)

Anonymous said...

hows the haircut? pics today?

I LOOOOVE my steel cut but still need to add some protein in there.
Im also not known for my tastebuds :) and love making ahead and reheating OR in the summer in TX eating COLD!

have you ever tried a crock pot for breakfast? people love steel cut made that way too!