Yep - I quit.
Oh - what, you ask?
Weight Watchers. I hit the wall tonight when I got on the scale and it isn't moving. I'm eating clean, guys. Been working out. I can't do it anymore and pay for it w/out making it work for me. Why continue to pay when I can struggle for free?
Am I giving up all together. No. That's not part of my vocabulary these days. I am going to keep at this for as long as it takes. I am also going to explore WLS. It certainly can't hurt. Frankly, I am such a big old chicken that I don't know if I could go through with it anyway.
I am going to see a different doctor, if I can get in, over my spring break. I want to find one who can be a little more aggressive. I had my thyroid checked and got a call back that it was "normal". It was left at that. I want to know if it was hi or low normal. If low - I want a higher dose of my thryroid Rx or to change to soemthing else - something. It can't hurt to talk to someone who might be a little more open to exploring my issues and options out there. It's been forever since I had a complete physical anyway, including have my boobies smashed in the garage door (if ya know what I mean.) I should also find out my cholesterol and all 'dat. I want to work on those things as well.
I got my weight machine up and used it last night. I think the cables are all messed up, because it doesn't work smoothly - but I did lift and hurt today. I will do it three days a week. I am going to continue walking as many days a week as possible, too. It's the monsoon season here right now, so tomorrow I will indoor walk. I am doing NOTHING today.
I do have to say that going to WW felt like a burden and just another thing I was bad at...not that I'm really bad at a lot of things...it just feels like I have more failures than successes when it comes to my scale victories. I know I have other victories, including my clothes fitting so much differently and moving into smaller sizes, but I want pounds gone. Darn it.
I am going to continue to read Dr. Oz's book and pray for both enlightenment and lightening - get it? IDK - maybe there is no joke in there. As I sit here drinking my umpteenth serving or green tea today, I know that I'll be okay w/out WW. I will still need my WW readers and other healthy friends to hold me up, but I'm good. I just needed one less burden to bear in the right now.
So........I'm out. I am going to make spinach with boiled eggs on top. Not sure what else.
You guys make it a great one -whatever "it" is.
ta ta for now!
An Expensive Egg
1 day ago

6 comments:
I am right where you are at, so I understand. The struggle got too much for me too. While I am not losing right now, I refuse to go back up, so I am making changes! You can do this on your own, we all can. Its hard. Hell its the hardest damned thing I've ever done. But we must. Keep the faith and remember you can do this on your own. Its possible!
Im not sure what to say as I dont want my comment to seem...flippant?
WW would not work for me as Id rebel.
feel constrained.
you CAN figure out the plan with will work for you for life.
no point.
listening to your body.
xo xo,
Carla
Find what works for you!!!! I started out counting points on WW'S but now it seems I am just trying to eat cleaner and exercise and that seems to be working for me
Thanks CJ - I know I'm not alone in the struggle.
And Miz -flippant? YOU? Naaaah. I appreciate your take on things.
Oh - and I have PMS so I'm feeling really sorry for myself right now. Poor poor me. But I still have my sense of humor!
This miserable weather got me WAY down (plus I've had the same headache for 2 days), are you sure it's not just that?
I do hear you though about paying for WW, and the burden of it too. When it comes right down to it, WW is just another way to eat less/move more. Millions have done that on their own. You can too.
I totally "get" the praying for lightening thing, btw. ;)
You are not a "quitta". You are just another one of us who has figured out that we have learned some basic tools from WW but we might be able to do a better job on our own. Which you can. And also anyone who sticks to her exercise as well as you is not a "quitta". Good luck. Some of us have really started dropping the lbs. after leaving WW and all those pasta recipes they have! And I never felt the comeraderie that you are supposed to feel there.(at the meetings) Losing weight is a very private matter for me. I didn't want people to clap and cheer if I lost a lb. That's embarrassing for me. And no leader seemed to really give a flying about me personally, although I've always read these stories about how great some person says her leader was when she loses 100 lbs. When I used to live in CA, I thought this one little girl who was a leader and spoke in the cutest Cuban accent was just great. I was so proud of the lbs. I had lost and I was just so enthralled with her. She was charming as heck and a great speaker. When she finally weighed me one day, she didn't know me from Adam or how hard I had been trying or that I thought she was so great. She wasn't even very friendly on a one on one basis. I think in reality she was just a good speaker and to her it was really just about her...her speaking ability and her own weight loss. She was just a facade.It was a job to her and a way for her to keep off her own weight.
I know, the next thing is, people are going to say how great their leader is or was. I'm sure there's a few out there. In my FOURTEEN times of joining WW, I had one girl who was a fun speaker, and REALLY sincere about caring about me, personally.(She wasn't thin either, or anywhere near her ideal weight.But she was and is, lovely)
The truth of the matter is, life is not one big WW meeting. It's up to the individual in the end, and I think that graduating out of WW and learning to cope with our food on our own, is a step in the right direction. You can, and will, do it.
Post a Comment