The jury is still out on what to do about my blog situation. I like the idea of just doing what I always do, and to hell with the rest, but it still makes me feel ICKY.
Today is H's baseball try-outs. His dad is taking him. I feel like I should be there, but I am going to stick to my plan and stay away to do chores here at home. His dad needs to see the real Hugh and deal with him if he cries out of frustration or throws a fit. It could happen! It's high time dear old dad gets a taste of THAT fun.
This morning I made pancakes from Trader Joe's whole grain pancake and baking mix. I can't tell you the calores or fiber content. I can tell you that the pancakes were very very good and very very filling. I didn't follow the recipe on the box. It would have made too many cakes, and I don't like them reheated. I used one egg, maybe a cup of mix, and milk to make batter. Highly recommended.
I just got back from walking the K9 units. I figure it was almost 5 miles round trip. I did it in just over an hour and 10 minutes. I saw turkeys, 2 kinds of ducks, geese, hawks, and a bald eagle. I can see the eagle nest from the bike trail, but I couldn't tell if the other eagle was on it or if the eggs have hatched. I need some binoculars. I can hear whooping cranes and saw one flying over. They are pretty abundant here, as we are 15 miles from the Crane Foundation. We saw an older (than me anyway) lady walking a giant schnauzer. My k9s went nuts - that was a workout!
So far the snow is staying away. I hope it goes south - way south. Sorry Illinois, Kansas, Missouri, etc. We've had enough up in here. My neighbor is out raking and trimming trees and getting her yard spiffed up. Me? Nah. I have plenty to do inside. All that will keep.
I am going to go get a cleaner from my brother so I can shampoo my couch and Hugh's mattress. Then I need to lift weights. I also need to clean my basement. ICK!
What I want to do is go back to bed and read. and I really should run to town for some groceries. Humbug.
I hope you all are having a great day.
Continue to email me if or leave email addresses in your comments if you want to be alerted when/if I move to a new blog. I've been adding people to my list. I noticed that I had 31 followers before I found out that people from school were watching me. Now I have one less.
Huh.
ta ta for now!
An Expensive Egg
1 day ago

9 comments:
Please keep me posted of any moves/changes. Sorry to hear about the drama/gossip, etc. that you're having to deal with. Hang in there! And enjoy your weekend.
(email: mickeym28@hotmail.com)
I just got caught up on your blog today. I had the exact thing happen to me about three years ago. I had a weight loss web site and had a journal on there. My coworkers found it (I don't know how), and were reading it every day. I was mortified!
Back then I wasn't anywhere near as honest as I am now in my blog, but I still hated the idea they were reading it. I found I started censoring what I was saying, like never ever saying a bad word. Something I never do at work, but I do sometimes in my normal life and in my blog. As well as stuff about how I struggled with food. The whole thing was embarrassing.
I shut down my web site because it wasn't fun anymore. I couldn't say what I wanted to say.
I made sure my new blog didn't get known about at work. They don't even know I have one.
You're probably going to want to do the same thing, start a new blog. If you do, please be sure to email me your new blog address.
ww.lady@gmail.com
I know it sucks to have to do this. I lost some online friends in the process and have never found them again. On the other hand, your peace of mind is worth it.
Sorry to hear about the gossip mongers!! Unfortunately they are everywhere!! It really sucks that you have to go through this. hang in there...
Um, thanks for wishing the snow on good old Illinois! I am hoping it won't be too bad.
I plan on driving home from the hospital before it starts snowing!
Sending hugs your way!
That is icky!! I wonder how they stumbled into your blog in the first place! Who has the time for all this crap anyway :+)?!
Ugh. Your snow crossed the border! nononononoonoooooooooooo
It had better get above freezing tomorrow. My shovel is retired. LOL
Oh well. Tuesday we could get more snow.
Spring in Wisconsin. Go figure.
Love your kitties!
Hi! It is mamaV, we met in Chicago. I popped over to see how you are doing and I can see you are discouraged.
Hmmm...same thing happened to me, but being in a school system is totally different. I hope you will keep blogging because you have a lot to offer.
I know many that have gone underground and require permission to read their blogs, maybe that is an option?
BTW, will you be at BlogHer? If yes, check out this session we are promoting, I would love to see you there! http://www.blogher.com/blogs-body-image-what-are-we-teaching-our-kids
Your kitty pics make me sad - ours disapeared yesterday and we are worried now with the snow coming down, I am praying she returns, we are all heartbroken!!
Take care!
mamaV
mamaVISION.com
ooooh I ALWAYS WANT IN:
carlabirnberg@msn.com
I have no advice really except I did password my personal blog a few years back (and then I let it wither and die. dont be me)...
Post a Comment