Sunday, March 1, 2009

Sunday Check in

It has been a pretty good week around here.

Hugh's glasses are shot. The frame has a warranty, so they will get new frames this week maybe and we'll put the cruddy lenses in those. 3/9 is his appointment. I will have new lenses put in the replaced frames and get him a 2nd pair of glasses. He doesn't take very good care of his stuff, so I think it smart to get the 2nd set.

The room situation is under control. I've moved my bed into the other room. I have to wait for my niece to claim her stuff she stores here. Lots of boxes that aren't taking up that much room but are in the way of moving forward. I need to organize stuff now. Not my forte.

I did manage to take the dogs on a nice walk yesterday. I will go longer today. It is cold here again and windy.

On the food front - Friday, I blew it. Yesterday was a good day. I played with artichoke hearts and spinach and fat free ricotta and made it into a pasta sauce. I loved it. Not sure if anyone else would.

Today I am going to sit and read the paper front to back, something I never get to do, while drinking my coffee. I have laundry going right now and need to clean floors. I have to go fetch Mr. Hugh at 4:00. That's pretty much my day.

Hope yours is great.

linda

1:00 PM - editing to add:

I read most of the paper and drank my Sunday coffee. Fixed myself whole wheat blueberry pancakes for 1 and added oatmeal and flax meal to the mix and had leftover turkey sausage on the side. I just got back from a 3-mile walk with the K9 units. It took an hour, so I'm calling that 3 20 minute miles. Works for me. As much as I'd like a nap, I need to clean floors, take a shower, and continue with laundry instead. I haven't stepped on the scale yet today which for me is weird as I seem to live by the scale. Maybe that's an added bonus to moving my bed to a different room. I didn't move the scale with it...

Making it a great day up in here!

7 comments:

Tricia said...

Look at you being all productive! I went to the mall today and I'm all "well there's my activity for the week."

Yes, I am lazy.

Hanlie said...

Hope you have a wonderful week, Linda!

That pasta sauce sounds delicious...

jimpurdy1943@yahoo.com said...

Lyn, the well-known (heck, she's famous!) blogger at "Escape from Obesity," has been candid about her struggles recently.

Lyn has been an inspiration to thousands of dieters, and right now she needs a little encouragement. Drop by her blog at escapefromobesity.blogspot.com and give her some support.

carla said...

YES!!! IMO skipping the scale and weigh in is a good thing.

here's to a great week and to a headscratch at that comment left by Jim.

he posted that same comment all over the net :)

Vee said...

What a productive day! I got tired just reading your blog! Our scale is leaning against the wall by my Hubby's side of the bathroom. It's a pain to walk ALL the way over there (6 feet maybe) to get it, walk it to the linoleum in the "potty room" and wait for it to reset.

I weigh once a week. It was up 2 pounds this week. Bummer.

Vee at www.veegettinghealthy.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Yeah for reading the paper and drinking coffee - one of my favorite Sunday activities!

carla said...

checking on you.
how was yesterday?