My day is already getting away from me. Dang.
It's a balmy 2* here in South-Central Wisconsin at 6:18 a.m.
I did walk the dogs this morning, and either the trail is getting shorter or I am walking faster or both...I will have to double my efforts as this mornings jaunt only took 25 minutes instead of 30. I did the same walk last night on top of a 15 minute Sansone mile yesterday morning. At least my cardio workouts are not slacking.
Food front: I feel like I had a really good week. Will see tonight what the scale says. Details after 7:00 p.m.
I got hit on on Saturday. (whoot whoot, right?)
This guy I've known for a while was at a meeting I had to attend on Saturday. I hadn't showered; I'd thrown clothes on haphazardly; I didn't have makeup on. After the meeting he cornered me - almost literally - to tell me I was looking really good and wondering how much weight I've lost and what was I doing to take it off. The guy is a neighbor, so he knows I walk on the bike trail early and often. He implied that he would or could maybe join me on my morning walks.
Houston we have a problem.
1. The guy is married.
2. The guy is married.
3. The guy is married.
4. He gives me the heebie-jeebies.
5. He is married.
6. He is not the sharpest knife in the drawer or tool in the shed.
7. Married.
8. He is 10 years older than me.
9. Ewwww, yuck.
10. Did I mention married?
I think he is classic mid-life crisis. I think he also believes that because I am single and 40 something I must be lonely and lookin' for a little lovin'. Ewww. Shudder.
While it was nice to be noticed - puh-lease! ICK!
Plus, the guys wife would blame me for chasing her man. Ewww.Ewww.Ewww.
I will be alerting a few locals of the situation because I will not give up my walks. If he shows up some morning and tries anything, he's going to go home walking on his knees, one-nut-short, if ya get my drift. (Sorry fellas!)
You all have a lovely day.
An Expensive Egg
1 day ago

10 comments:
LOL you gotta love those type guys, they're so clueless!
Good luck!
Fars
Are you 100% sure he was hitting on you? Maybe he was just trying to pay you a compliment for your success. To me it feels pretty nice when someone notices that I have lost some weight... then again I am a guy and in my mid 30s so maybe I am just a weirdo too. ;). If I see a coworker has lost weight I try to make a effort to recognize it. FYI I am happily married and not hitting on anyone ;). Anyway guess I should say "hello" as this is my first comment on your blog. I stumbled onto yours via Roder's.
Why is it only the swarthy guys notice us middle aged women?
Where are the hot, young guys when we need them??
I followed your trail from SparkPeople and read through your blog. Parts of it have me ROFLMAO!
Thanks for sharing, but if you can walk your dogs that means I gotta suck it up and walk mine. Thanks for killing my weather excuse.
It's sunny and 3*, at least it's above zero. We have a foot of fresh snow and I'm looking forward to seeing it all melt away.
Keep up the good work! You are doing awesome!
one of my first visits to your blog and I'm laughing hysterically. I'll be back!
Uhhh, Rip, honey - I gotta tell ya, I'm sure he was hitting on me. He had me backed into a corner and when I did an evasive maneuver he kept encroaching - back and back and aaaaaagh - no ref to throw a yellow flag, for Pete's sake.
He usually finds a way to touch me, even if it's a poke in the arm. He winks at me and says stupid stuff to impress someone - doesn't work for ME. He stands way too close.
I'm not opposed to a compliment - oh heck no! But when it's attached to 'the look' and the body language this guy was giving off - ewwwwwwwwww!
Pretty sure he wasn't being friendly and supportive. Pretty sure he was fishing for a little "something-something" wink wink - squeak, squeak, say no more...
PS to Twinkly - who the heck are you calling "middle-aged"?
ha hahahahahahahaha
Nothin' to say but ewwwww...
Time to start carrying a walking stick, I think! So that you can beat the neighborhood's dirty old men off with it!
Pepper spray my dear! That would go along nicely with the knee action!
Congrats though on getting hit on! I'm just sorry it had to be an 'ewww' man...oh yeah, and married to boot!
Post a Comment