Sunday, March 22, 2009

Sunday Check in

Hello, my blog-loves!

First: Let me apologize for not checking in on more bloggers and leaving notes. I am still reading a lot of you, but I don't take time to comment most of the time. I need to get with it. I am still following most of the folks in my list.

Second: Anyone know of "Farm Town" on facebook? OMG - talk about a brain and time drainer. It's really fun. You get a farm and start out planting and have to buy and sell and can get and give farm animals. It's addicting. Which explains my lack of blog posting. My priorities are messed up. I shall fix that this week.

Third: Hugh and I had a good day yesterday. We went to Walmart and Aldi for more groceries. CUT ME OFF. I cannot shop again until I have room in my fridge. I'm serious. It is so full of fresh produce and leftover containers that I can't wedge one more thing in there.

Fourth: Another new book - You on a Diet. It's a really interesting read. I am going to incorporate things from every diet book I've ever purchased and create my own book on dieting. No title yet.

Fifth: Almonds. Apparently eating 20 of them and drinking water 20 minutes prior to a meal will help a person find full. I'm giving it a whirl.

Sixth: Shopping w/Hugh - we got him new shoes. At 10 he is on the bubble needing mens shoes. OMG. (sniffle) He got new athletic shoes and baseball shoes. Looks like he is wearing someone else's feet. He is going to be a big, tall person.

Seven: The weight machine - I got Hugh to help me lug, tug, and jack that thing up our old narrow stairs. We bickered and belly-ached and laughed our silly butts off, but we got it done. I want him to know and understand that I am one gritty-can't-accept-defeat-don't-say-can't mom.

Eight: the neighbor came and put the stupid thing together (reference #7). I am challenged and got brain fry just thinking about it. I had to take it more apart to lug it up the stairs. I was monkying with Hugh, lifting him up on my back so his feet were off the floor, and now my back aches, so we are not lifting tonight. Tomorrow! we begin.

Nine: I wore my step counter - thanks Annette and Ron - and figured out where I would have to go to hit a mile away from here. So now my goal for walking is to get down to 2 miles in 30 minutes. I can do it.

Ten: I ate salmon last night. I don't like it. It is healthy and didn't kill me. I also have eaten more steel cut oats (pre-cooked some to take to school for breakfast this week), quinoa which i really like, whole wheat couscous, and lots of veggies. I am roasting parsnips right now. I am eating pretty clean, actually. Hugh decided that he likes the parfaits at McDonalds. Yay. I have fruit here to make our own.

Weight? IDK - never can trust Mr. Scale. I am going to face the music at WW this week. I will be quitting that program at the end of April. I hate paying for something I'm not using right, so I decided instead of "using it right" I'd just stop. I can do this on my own with the help of all of you. Plus baseball season is starting very very very soon. That means lots of running. Our WW leader is moving the evening meeting to Wednesday night. During baseball Wednesday is the only day I don't have to run to town....I'm not giving that up. I know myself well enough to know that I need my mental health more than I need to run to town every flipping night of the week.

That's eleven things that I caught you up on. Hope you all had a great weekend. I sure did. My house is clean. Most of the laundry is done. I've got good food coming, and I feel good. Yay.

Make it a great week!
linda

7 comments:

twinkelydots said...

Please oh please don't tell me about another fun thing on Facebook! I'm already addicted to Yoville.

WtG on the 11 things.

Salted with Shadows said...

I'm not very good at Farm Town...I can't figure it out very well, but I'm still, of course, playing it. I love Pet Pupz and SuperPoke Pets.

Anonymous said...

LOVE ALMONDS.
LOVE You On A Diet.
Adore the image of you and hugh dragging the machine up (pics? please?)
and can not at all get into FB.
at all.

which is a good thing I think (as I could Im sure if I tried harder love it :)) as Im really good at wasting time in so.many.other.ways.

Ron said...

Keep eating clean and healhty!!! you can do it!

Shelley said...

Sounds like you had a great weekend - I totally relate to having a ton of fresh produce in the fridge. No more shopping for me, either!

Anonymous said...

Great to get caught up with ya.

I'm not even going to look for that Facebook farm thingy. LOL But speaking of facebook are we friends? http://profile.to/angienewton/

Why are almonds so expensive? ha ha

Your eats sound delish. I want to try the whole wheat couscous sometime. Sounds good to me.

Have a great week!

Vee said...

I too went nutso produce shopping. I blogged about it yesterday - around $100 of produce! Unfortunately, most of it is fruit, which I can only have in the morning, and not too much because I'm hypoglycemic. Sigh. I'll figure this thing out.

Vee - www.veegettinghealthy.blogspot.com