Friday, March 27, 2009

Sorry Folks

Apparently my blog is being read by my students and their parents and other curious locals. While I know that this it out there for all the world to see, I am completely creeped out about having the students reading about me. I have nothing to be ashamed of, but I am pretty private about my dull little life.

I am feeling rather hurt that my name and blog have become a hot topic among the local gossip-mongers. It is sad that they can't just leave it alone. Kids are talking about it to other kids, and pretty soon everyone will have a look at my struggle to lose weight, raise my kid, and survive as a single mom, teacher, chauffeur. It just feels icky.

I will try to find a different free blog host or I will have to change the name of it. I don't know which to do.

So, folks who blog and have gotten to know me - please send me an email or leave me an email in the comments so I can add you to my list of people with permission to read my blog. I will figure out how to let you all know what Generation 2 of my blog is going to be.

It's kind of a sad day for me around her.

13 comments:

Shelley said...

Man, that sucks. Please put me on your "approved readers" list - my email is 40somethingsjourney@gmail.com.

WWSuzi said...

That is too bad!! Please add me when your ready.
www.watrmlon@gmail.com

Tricia said...

Ugh...sorry that's happening to you, it always sucks when worlds collide. I'd love to be added as I am a faithful reader... fight.fat.phobia@gmail.com.

MrsC said...

I am sorry to hear about that. Please feel free to add me as I consider myself a faithful reader :)
shannon.cadieux@gmail.com

Anonymous said...

Well, that's too bad. There's the option, though, of just holding your head high and continuing. Just don't write anything about the kids. Other than that,I would just say "screw it" to people who are too curious (in a bad way) about my weight loss. There's nothing to be embarassed about in that.You are working to improve your life and they are working at being nosy, vicious, and petty. Are these perfect people or something? I think not. They're just A***s and I hope they're still reading so that they can see this.
Other option: Move to a bigger town where people are busy and have more to do than stick their noses in other people's business.

Giz said...

please add me to your approved list... sandpiperhiker at yahoo com

Linda said...

I'm still trying to figure out what to do. I would love to just leave it and go on with my life believing that the people who are reading my blog under cover have enough good sense and respect to NOT make my life their business as a hobby.

I really mean that you people CR, RR, AL, KK, Mom of KK, TB, everyone else who is looking at this who knows me in real life - I want to be left alone. I don't want you gossiping and telling stuff that you read here. I don't need the added stress of feeling like a bug under a microscope.

So go get a hobby. Take a walk. Knit something. READ A BOOK!

Sheila K. said...

These people aren't the type that read books.

gizmogirl said...

Thanks for hookin' me up... i too appreciate the anonymity of the internet for venting my thoughts. Some things are just too personal for people you actually see face to face, as odd as that sounds.

Angie (Losing It and Loving It) said...

Only you can decide. I'm not sure how I would feel about it. You know you can email or call me anytime! I want to be on your approved list for sure.

MaryFran said...

Sorry to hear about this. Put me on your approved list if possible. :-)

mfclingan@hotmail.com

Unknown said...

I've just started rwadibg
Your blog and I would love to continue
Doing so please put me on the list ezziriah (at) gmail (dot)com

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.