Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Wednesday 3.11

It's cold and windy here, but it's not as bad as I thought it was going to be. Hmmm, thermometer says 8, but it didn't feel that cold to me. Dogs didn't go on 3 legs either. Hopefully this strong wind and bitter cold will be gone soon. We need to get back to walking outdoors.

Well, call it denial if you like, but I didn't go to WW last night. I know what last week was like. I know what the scale says here at home. I felt like going would suck the wind out of my sails. I already set myself back with my post-m.s. rebound, and I know that the defeat and humiliation of gaining after losing 4 poumds would crush me.

Don't think I'm just sitting here eating bon-bons, though. Oh heck no. I am just as determined this week as I was before the PMS got me. I went out and got all those veggies on the weekend, and I'm enjoying them. I love roasted veggies! So I've been roasting 'em up. It's fun to eat a big plate full of yum for me because I see this big plate of food and know that the points value is very very low. Last night was onions, cauliflower, and brussels sprouts. I made lean pork for my protein simmered in my homemade tomato sauce frozen last fall. Strawberries in low-fat vanilla yogurt for dessert. The downside to eating all these veggies with my homemade chili for lunch is gas. YIKES! Gooooooooooooo fiber. I'm going up to La Crosse on Saturday, and I will go to a big market for more produce before heading back, even if I have to go clear across town.

I walked 45 minutes indoors yesterday. Hugh even jumped in for a mile. He's so silly.

Sooooo, no weigh-in results for me this week. I am going to focus on eating right and not stressing. It feels good not to have to deal with public failure - weird, eh?

Kids leave early today so we can have an in-service. Should be a good, fast day.

Make it a great one, people!

4 comments:

Ron said...

Gotta love those roasted veggies!!!

Anonymous said...

I actually admire the way stay away from WW 1 week and then go back in 1 week. When I used to do that, I would stay home a week and then not do so good that next week either, and I would end up not going back at all.Good for you, girl. Actually, the part I admire is that you always go back to your better eating habits very soon. I get on a binge and it lasts for weeks, months, or yes, years.

Anonymous said...

you know I think it was a great choice not to go as, for me, the number would have done the same thing.
gaining would have pissed me off so much that I MIGHT have been bonbonning instead of just NOT KNOWING and keeping on keeping on until next week.

more pics please :)
of you
of high jumping in.
all that...

Miz

Juice said...

Doesn't WW make you appreciate the veggies? So yummy, so low in points! You may want to try Beano to help with the aftereffects...