Hi kids. Where did the weekend go, for goodness sake? I think I cleaned it all away, cuz I cleaned again today for most of the day. That Hugh's room is once again accessible without a tightrope. The child doesn't know the meaning of "throw it in the trash can" and "no food in your room" = sneak it in under cover of darkness. Last week one evening he got me out of bed because the kitten was in his room, and he had a shrew trapped under the bed. I rescued the shrew, but I couldn't do much else because of all the junk everywhere - and I mean junk. Wrappers, boxes, cans, bottles, and clean clothes on top of that and more garbage, and food remains mixed in. Sick, sick, sick. Hoping today we turn over a new leaf.So we have several kitties to reveal yet here is Fuzzy:
Poor fellow is old and bony. He's always the first cat to make friends with our new house mates - he doesn't judge, and he loves the others equally.
Below you will see Jeri (short-hair) and George (long-hair); they are brother and sister from the same litter. Mr. Whiskers is their 1/2 brother - he of the blackcatness:

George was a very loving, playful friendly kitty until one day he had a run-in with a Walmart bag. He was frisking and playing and having a ball when suddenly something scared him. He took off for the basement, little knowing that his head was through the handle of that plastic bag, so as he ran the bag made noise which convinced poor George that he was being pursued. By the time I could corner him and get the bag off - after several laps around the basement - the damage was done. He is a nervous wreck and pretty much lives in my closet upstairs. I've been working on socializing him, but the best he can do is come out and sit on the bed. He hates Mr. Murphy, who being a dog and a pup things everyone should be in love with him. George says, "NO!" So that's my kitty family. I can't help myself. I know - crazy cat lady. This is definitely enough. If Mr. Guy hadn't been hanging around the main drag here all naive and kittney, we would not have him, but I'm a sucker for a sad story...at least where critters are concerned.
My day: food was pretty good. I kinds haven't exactly been keeping track of what I'm eating. I'm trying to make good choices based on what I know after years of doing this. I see myself quitting the WW thing eventually, because money just gets tighter and tighter around here.
Fitness: 30 minutes on the elliptical and 30 minutes of Leslie Sansone walking. Plus lots of cleaning and many trips up and down stairs to put things away and do laundry.
I'm making some chicken strips to take to school for lunch this week. I also cooked a small pork roast - very lean. I have a big tray of sweet potato "fries" and two bags of frozen veggies to steam so I can have a healthy supper and pack lunch for at least a few days this week.
It's been a good week. I feel really good anyway. I can't say what the scale will show on Tuesday, but if I feel this good, who cares?

7 comments:
Love the kitties! I have one siamese/himalayian mixed cat. She's beautiful, but she hates staying inside. She stays under the house. I had to force her to come in when the weather got really really cold last week! She meowed all night! But, really, I am more of a dog person. I have five of them! Two golden retrievers (mother and daughter), one pug, one lab/malamute/wolf mix, and one lab/pit bull mix. I love my dogs!
I have to say cats fantastic about your workout!
What pretty kitties! Although I do love cats, I'm sad to say that I'm extremely allergic to them, so I can only have dogs. I can't imagine life without an animal to love.
Like the pics of the cats! Congrats on the workout!!!
old and bony huh? :)
may we all live that long....
(and you are SO officially the elliptical queen..I always keep an eye out for your tweets)
I sooooo love the kitty pics ;) Why is everyone talking about food.....I am soo hungry! Ha ha ;)
Love all the kitties!
Post a Comment