Well, Christmas is mostly put away around here. I've left the snowman stuff out because we'll have snow until June or so. Sure takes the trouble and guesswork out of decorating. (ha!) I have a few things left to get put away and then the holidays will be officially over. It's back to school on Monday, and I'm not fine with that. Like most of my students (my son, too) I'll be secretly hoping for a snow day that first day back. Seems like that's how it went down last year.
In addition to getting most of the Christmas stuff put away, I had a good day with food and exercise yesterday.
Food 34/33 points - still over by a point but not as much as in the past
Activity: 30 minute walking/strength DVD w/Sansone, 30 minutes Wii Fit (legs killing me)
I did some cooking yesterday. I roasted a pork roast and a beef roast. I'll be cutting those up to pack in lunches for the week. I also made squash again - still trying to perfect the idea of a ravioli filling. I made it with some ricotta cheese this time. It was good. I have to run to town for dog and cat food, and while I"m there I'll score some wonton wrappers. People use them for ravioli, so I'm going to give that a whirl. I have a turkey breast in the slowcooker - note to Jennie-O: you can keep your gravy packet that you jam up in that turkey. It was so bad that neither my cats nor my dogs were interested in eating it...my dogs will eat cat poop...does this tell you anything? (The gravy went in the garbage.)
Ove at Mizfit the topic is tattoos. I have one, much to the surprise of my students and others who know me. It's a cat. After the fact we found out it's the "Baby Phat" logo. Ironic? Here:

That is my actual leg with the actual tattoo. 2 minutes of pain. Never again. I don't know how people get great big huge ones - MIZ! Yikes. And I had to pretty much stand on my head to get this picture. Speaking of pictures, here is Guy the kitten bird hunting:
He's a real character, that one. He joined us in October on Halloween. Great company. Excellent lap warmer. Highly recommended. 5 Stars.I got nuthin' left here people. Get off your butts and do something, will ya? Even if it's wrong. Make it a great day!
Linda

8 comments:
Snow until June!!! OMG
I exaggerate! But I have seen it snow in May.
Linda - I just found your blog from your post on Ron's blog.
I love tatoos, but my husband doesn't (party pooper). I don't know if I could handle the pain though. A coworker of mine has half of his body tatooed from the neck down. Hundreds of hours of tatooing and he said it hurt like hell. Well, that would certainly stop me, that and the husband.
I'll be dropping in often. My goal this year is to find more blogs I like and visit often. I'm adding you to my blog list.
And yes, I'm am getting up and doing something. Taking down the Christmas lights (bah! humbug!).
Linda,
You're funny! You were chiding people who eat filet and now you're making ravioli from wonton wrappers! That made me smile! But you always do.
Seriously,though, as a health concern, have you thought about trying to eat less meat? I'm not a vegetarian nut or anything but animal fat is very bad. When you said you were making two roasts to last for the week for 1 adult and 1 child, well, that's a lot of meat. I feel like I know you and I want only the best for you and the little guy!
Sheila - the ravioli is filled with butternut squash and a little ricotta cheese.
ummmmm butternut squash. I love that stuff. :)
I'm going to get active today! Time to bundle up and get out for a walk in winter wonderland.
:)
Way to go on points and activity. Can't wait to come for a visit and taste your yummy eats.
I put our Christmas decor away a few days ago. Now it's time to clean and organize my home office. BLECH!
The ravioli sounds oh so good. I'm so hungry tonight I can't seem to stay out of the kitchen so I'm blogging to try to keep my mind off of it LOL
No tats for me. I did go one time thinking I would get one but chickened out. I don't think it's going to happen in my lifetime.
Have a great week!
LOVE IT.
and Im sooo itching to get started on mine but know I need to be organized and let the artist map it all out first...
Post a Comment