Thursday, January 22, 2009

Thursday: I can go the distance.

From Hercules:

I have often dreamed of a far off place,
Where a heros welcome would be waiting for me.
Where the crowds would cheer, when they see my face,
And a voice keeps saying this is where I'm meant to be t

I'll be there someday, I can go the distance.
I will find my way if I can be strong.
I know every mile will be worth my while,
When I go the distance, I'll be right where I belong.

Sheesh, my life is a Disney movie. (Havn't seen it - you have to!) Cheesey, I know but there is a Hercules inside me someplace. Even though I'm frustrated, I have this steadfast feeling of resolve that, like Hercules, I am going to get there someday. This is a pretty good song for a weightloss theme, actually. Dang, now I'll be humming it all day.
I was right on with my points by the end of the evening yesterday. Yay! I also did 55 minutes on the elliptical. I had to do it in two shifts of 31 and 24 because supper needed fixing, but I did it. I haven't been on the beast in ages. Last time I tried it was at the gym, and I couldn't do more than 10 minutes. I tell you, it felt really good to get on there and just keep going. And going. And then going again. I shall embrace the beast from now on, because I know that bad-boy burns some serious calories. I can also watch TV and sort of get in the zone while I'm on there.
This morning I introduce you to Twinkle Twinkle Little Cat, Twink or Fwink for short. She is my oldest baby. She is Siamese -tabby cross with blue eyes, pretty points, and a nasty disposition. She keeps the other kids in line. I adopted her on purpose, the others more or less happened.

As far as my system being back to working - all systems appear to be go. I swear I am eating lots of veggies - lots! I guess my current stress reaction is to clam up. *snort* I have stepped up the water consumption - way up. I am going to go buy apples today because I know they keep things moving as well.

Hey, guys, thanks for the wisdom, hand holding, and butt kicking. I needed the reality check. Isn't that why I blog - for a support network? As long as people aren't downright mean, I can take it. So far so good.

It's grading day at my school. No kids but I have a bazillion essays to grade. BLAH! That'll keep me out of trouble.

make it a great day people.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

we have lynx point siamese, and one looks so much like yours!

Anonymous said...

I havent seen hercules and shall now (and pray the toddler becomes immediately addicted and I can work :))

GO YOU on the elliptical time (and on all systems being go!) and, as all studies have been pointing out, y our split up time is JUST as good as a long session!

Miz.

twinkelydots said...

An empty colon is a happy colon. Words to live by. A good crispy apple to start your day is wonderful!

WTG on the elliptical. It's when we don't think about it that the body just does.

Anonymous said...

Linda,
Once again you have amazed me with your resolve in the face of difficulty. You get a little down and then you rise back up like a tiger ready to strike. Bravo!

Hanlie said...

What a coincidence! I was working out to that song on my MP3 player today and it motivated me to complete my 20 minutes on the treadmill, even though I was feeling a bit stiff.

Well done on the water and the veggies... Have a fabulous day!

new*me said...

another cute kittie! Yay to the veggies........singing the praises of the raw veggies :)

Ria said...

Glad to hear you're feeling better! Great job doing an hour on the elliptical . . . I'm sure your body is going to catch up with all the great work you've ben doing and show you a loss that'll make you smile at your next wi.

Ron said...

Weigh to go on the elliptical!!! Your kickin @#$ now!

Anonymous said...

Way to go on the Elliptical. That is my favorite thing to do at the gym. I just started listening to my ipod while doing it and the time goes much faster, much I bet like watching TV.

Keep up the great work!