Rollercoaster central here filing a live report from the balmy tropics of south-central Wisconsin. It's 33* here near the top of the hour, thank you for joining us; here's the news:
Monday and Wednesday saw the return of parent teacher conferences to Anonymous High. Turnouts were mediocre at best with only a smattering of parental units visiting to check on the progress of they progeny. Mad-dad and Miffed-mom sightings were few, and there were no prisoners taken, injuries reported, or fatalities.
On the food front, we consumed 33 points as directed with the addition of 4 popcorn points once a perimeter was established, laundry was put in, puppies were pottied, jammies donned, and Idol briefly watched. We have reports of strange desires to eat everything not nailed down, however, a 2-months gone peach whip yogurt was torn from the hands of one desperate mom before she could ingest the ugly, shrunken contents of the container. It appears that when Whips sit for a spell, the air goes mysteriously out of them, and what's left can only be described as "WTF?"
Water consumption was up today along with trips to the coffee maker, soda machine, and the latrine. It is believed that the daily limit in water was achieved by 3:00 this afternoon.
On the family front, Aunt Flo arrived today much earlier than expected, much to our relief. This unexpected arrival explains to some extent some unusual craving, mood swings, and headaches experienced over the last several days. It is expected that Aunt Flo's departure will bring with it joy, stability, and the loss of substantial water weight gain.
In sports, this morning saw the daily walking of the K9 units on the snow-covered and slipper bike trail. Walkers were able to include a smattering of HIIT runswithout risking life and limb. Tomorrow morning K9 walk depends largely upon the absence of rain...it could happen. If the temperature is a balmy 32* or better, the walk will run as scheduled...was there a pun there? IDK. As or any athletic endeavors of evening eventitude - no go. We got home too late, had a telephone meeting, got ready for tomorrow, and am blogging. If I walk now, I will still be awake in three hours.
Thanks for tuning in. Tomorrow is another day.
make it a great one.
linda
An Expensive Egg
1 day ago

9 comments:
That was hilarious! Just a riot.
There was one comment you made that I don't even know how to ask about it...I'll bet someone else does though!
Thanks for making me laugh.
man I love your writing.
give aunt flo my worst, errr, best.
Miz.
I walked for 40 minutes this morning with the K9s, since we have winter storm warnings. We are to get 1/4" ice followed by snow. ICK.
You are a wonderful writer! Maybe you could write for Saturday Night Live - I could just see Tina Fey and Amy Poehler reading this!
You sound so good today. Nice reminder to keep my perspective when my own hormones are calling the shots.
I can't believe parents don't come to conferences. I'm shocked really. My parents never went, but I thought they were the only ones. I always go to my kids' - hell I schedule extra ones!
Finally, every time I read about you walking with your dogs, I want my own dogs a little more. (My cats are not going to like this idea at all.)
Love it! If local news was this well-written, I'd totally watch it more.
Love your writing!
I know with all this rain and the temps dropping I hope its not an icy mess for my drive home tonight!
Will spring ever hit the midwest??!!
can NOT believe it is friday!
already.
weekend plans?
I fear Im trapped in the domicile with a sick and crabby toddler.
send help :)
Post a Comment