I was going to "fast" today to get the sugar out of my system and get right with myself. I went to work filled with determination. I arrived at 7:30ish - roads were rather slick, I must say. By 8:00 I gave in and ate a 6 point donut. So much for fasting.
Undaunted, I got busy teaching and working on essays and teaching some more and at lunch I had oatmeal with PB - my normal breakfast. The microwave was much stronger than I expected, so 1/3 of my oatmeal cooked over onto the carousel. Was that divine intervention? With lunch I had an apple and a little more PB - oops. Got to my room and was craving - guess.
Donut. Dang. Urrrrrrrrrrrrrgh. Once you start....so I went to the den of iniquity and cut a 1/2 in 1/2 and ate it. It had nuts. The protein balanced out something, right?
*grasps at another straw*
Okay - some, but not a ton of damage done. It'll be fine.
I did 15 on the elliptical tonight, and I really gave 'er heck. I am sooooooooooo bored by the elliptical beast, but I found that if I have my MP3 plugged into my head, the time goes faster. I think I better rescramble my songs so I can get a good fast-paced mix that I like on there. I didn't mind the 15 minutes because it went really fast.
Dinner - I usually crumble here. Urgh~
Root vegetables - 2 parsnips and a turnip peeled and sliced, add hunks of onion, put on sprayed tray and roast - YUM!
Chili Bean Veggie burgers - YUM! Made with Fiber One, oatmeal, chili and black beans.
While I was there I whipped up a nice meatball soup. I'm having company for supper tomorrow night - do you call it supper or dinner? - and made a simple tomato based soup. YUM> *ooops, ate 6 meatballs*
I cleaned the kitchen - YUCK! Mopped floors - Double YUCK YUCK.
Hmmm, ohhh a lite yogurt at some point today Yoplait, white chocolate strawberry - divine!
Just ate a couple TBSP of chocolate chips - stupid sweet tooth.
Over all, i went over my points. But by only 6 or so. That isn't bad compared to what I've been doing.
I feel better in control of what I am doing.
Must.
Stay.
Strong.
And.
Never.
Quit.
Will make a point of eating very light tomorrow so I can have a glass of wine w/my friend. I am not a drinker any more, but I can have one...or two...
Hope you all are making it a great day.
ttyl!
linda
PS - I pounded water today, and I can already feel the difference. Yay!
An Expensive Egg
1 day ago

7 comments:
Sounds like you had a busy day! I am glad I don't care for donuts!!!
Oh yes...that crazy monster insuline! It must be fed once you sacrifice the first donut to it. :)
It was treat day for my office today too... I ate two mini cinny-buns. Ug! I also pounded the water. teehee
Your resolution to avoid sugar today sounded like my resolution to avoid beer. Two and a half beers later and I'm wondering WTH!! We are our own worst enemies. :)
PERFECT CHOICE with the protein after!
I used to say to clients, when they'd have an unplanned slice of cakeorsomesuch, add protein in as it's like throwing water on a fire to put it out.
my instinct? their instincts many times? add more donuts, err, fire.
Miz.
Well done for getting it back under control and for drinking all that water! It helps!
As long as quitting is not an option, you're doing great! Go for it!
If sounds like you stuck to your guns for most of the day, I'd say you deserve an award for that ^_^
happy friday!
any big plans there?
Post a Comment