Saturday, February 21, 2009

Saturday - Walkin' in a winter wonderland...bah

good morning everybody! - heck it's 11:30 here.

We have snow - about 6" I think. I was going to go shovel the stuff for my workout, but all of a sudden my neighbor next door showed up with his snowblower. then the neighbor across the street showed up with his 4-wheeler plow. They ruined my plan! Oh the kindness of friends and how it can mess up a good thing sometimes. Well, I dont' like the elliptical all that much. I'm bored with Ms. Sansone. My indoor-outdoor thermometer says it is 28*, I bundled up and took the dogs for a walk. We walked in the snow, through the snow on the bike trial for 70 minutes. I am pooped! Poor ol' Kailey dog kept turning around to look at me, giving me the paws-up to turn around and head for home. Finally I gave in.

On the way out on the trail I saw foot prints coming into town. First 2 sets and at some points a third. On our way back we ran into the owners: an elderly gentleman and 2 elderly women. What the heck were they doing out there? What the heck was I doing out there?? I gotta give them credit. They probably got in a 6 mile walk today in the snow. Not uphill both ways, cuz our trail is flat, but the point is - they were out there, undaunted!

This morning I made Annette's flax muffin for breakfast this morning. As is, I tallied it as 7 WW points. So this morning I made mine w/out margarine or olive oil. Instead of that, I used my homemade-with-splenda applesauce. OMG - people it was awesome. I put extra applesauce on top and a little lite coolwhip and had me some breakfast dessert. It was still 7 points with the added topping, but so worth it. YUM.

Lunch is meatball soup. I'm starting to get chilly from my walk. Gonna eat some soup and go take a nap. The fresh air has done me in.

I get to go to a little party this evening. Atlanta Bob, who has never played piano even in Jamaica, is staying w/his sister who is surprising her hubby. I made the guest list. So off I go.

Make it a great day people!

linda

10 comments:

WWSuzi said...

I added cocoa and coconut flavoring to the muffin today :) Awesome!!

twinkelydots said...

But you were out there too! Undaunted!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a great walk. My Basset could not handle the cold on his feet. He's out and back in under 5 minutes.

LOL at Atlanta Bob, thanks!

Have fun at the party.

jimpurdy1943@yahoo.com said...

"Poor ol' Kailey dog kept turning around to look at me, giving me the paws-up to turn around and head for home."

Hilarious!

Hanlie said...

Well done for walking in the cold! Have a fun evening!

Anonymous said...

I am so sick of this snow too! But ours was fluffy so I didn't have to bring out the snowblower!

Anonymous said...

how was the party?

I can only imagine how ready you are for SPRING, Linda!
I saw yesterday that we spring the clocks forward early this year (3.8?) at least then it will be chilly and LIGHT!

Miz.

Ron said...

Congrats on getting a walk in, in that kind of weather. A muffin a day will keep the doctor away or there is some saying like that LOL.. oh maybe that was an apple.. muffins are better lol

Donnalouise said...

Hey girl, shovelling snow is a great workout. But I'd be happy that the neighbours cleared it out and go for a walk instead :) Just as you did!

Unknown said...

We got plenty of snow yesterday too. It's so pretty, but I am sick to death of it.