I sure hope I can get and stay better rested for the coming week. I didn't enjoy thursday or Friday and the fatigue that came with them. Unfortunately, with that tired came some bad eating choices -mostly Friday evening and Saturday. Nothing earth shattering, but I was wobbly enough that I know I can't sit idly by and let the tiredness and "rat's-ass" attitude get the best of me.
Saturday - I played on the Wii Fit for 20 minutes. I did break a sweat, but I sure don't feel like I"m getting a "real" workout. It's still fun to hula-hoop, though. Hugh and I have a family wedding to go to next weekend. Since we are comfortable clothes people, he has nothing nice to wear. He now has dress pants, a button-down shirt, tie, and would you believe no one around here has reasonbly priced dress shoes for kids? Ugh. He got some vans and loves them...they'll have to do. And he is not to wear them to school until we've been to the wedding. I bought a beautiful jacket/top that you will have to wait to see. I'll get pictures at the wedding. It's red, and I looked darn good in the try-on. I also found $80 boots for $15. AND they are sort of stretch and will go over my voluptuous calves. I struck out on pants. I'm just going to have to hang on until I go down an entire size. I have plenty of knit pants I can wear, but I don't have anything a little bit dressy for work. Hugh found some sort of pallazo-capri type pants and couldn't get over how big the legs were. He thought I needed a pair. I walked away. He was fun shopping with, because he kept finding things he liked for me...not that I liked them, but it was cute. It was a long day of shopping, but when we got home I walked the dogs anyway. That was wonderful.
Sunday (today) I got up and got cleaning. I picked up some heart shaped egg/pancake molds and made pancakes and bacon for breakfast. I like doing that on the weekends Hugh is home. I LOVE pancakes. Before breaky and after getting laundry started I did 30 minutes on the elliptical and a 30 minute Sansone indoor walk. I cleaned and cleaned and did more laundry today. This afternoon I tried taking a nap, but I couldn't get there. So I did 15 minutes more on the ellpitical and took the dogs for a walk. The bike trail is frozen solid from snowmobiles, but it isn't slippery. That walk was amazing. I'm glad I've kept up with the indoor walking, but I have to say I can feel totally different muscles being used walking "for real."
Supper tonight is grilled steak. It was warm enough for me to stand out there and grill. Yay! I need a shower something fierce right now. So I am going to shower and put on my jammies. Then I will nuke some potatoes and veggies and serve us some supper. I have papers to grade, so I will be doing that this evening while watching TV. I'm really hoping that it's decent in the morning and I can walk the dogs. I miss our a.m. bonding. Plus they were huffin and puffin pretty bad - someone is out of shape!
Make it a great week people!
An Expensive Egg
1 day ago

5 comments:
heart shaped pancakes :) .........you are such a cool mom!
I love to make pancakes too and eat them of course :) Comfort food!
Can't wait to see you in the wedding pics.........you'll be gorgeous!
You have been doing great on keeping up with the exercise!
That is awesome! Those pancakes sound mighty good too....
Sounds like a great weekend! I hope your week is less stressful than the last one!
good morning!
Love the heart shaped idea and am gonna look for those molds today for the weekend (V-DAY) for the Toddler.
it's pouring here. hopefully not there. feel free to swing by my domicile and pick up our canine too!
Miz.
Did somebody say steak!
Post a Comment