Monday, February 2, 2009

Monday - a bean burger night

I recently joined up with the Pound for Pound thing as many folks are doing. I think I hit a glitch when doing it, because I don't recall setting a goal, but they say to report in in May. (Aye aye, captain!)

Well, I was looking at their recipes and found one for Spicy Chili Bean Burger. Recipe says 280 calories including the bun. Well, we don't eat much bread so have no buns. I added 1/2 cup brown rice to make the mix more firm. 3 points! Wahoo w/out that bun. I think probably 5 points with the bun. I LOVE this burger. It even looks like a burger. I think it isn't all that spicy, but I like some heat. I will make this again, I know I will. I have some leftover fresh guacamole from our stupor bowl din-din as well as some salsa. Who the heck needs a bun?

I was going to put up my "now" picture, but I am not in the picture taking mood. In fact I'm a bit cranky. I did my 30 minute elliptical gig and have yet to do my 30 minute walk. Gotta do it, because I have to weigh in tomorrow.

It is bitter cold here again. Blah to that. It was so nice to walk the dogs on Saturday. Can't wait for that weather to come back.

Time's a-wasting, folks, so I'm out. Make it a great one...whatever "it" happens to be.

7 comments:

theantijared said...

It is going to be cold here also, I think 66 tomorrow. YIKES!!

twinkelydots said...

How great that you're sticking to your exercise commitment.

Great find on the recipe!

Hanlie said...

You're really doing well with the exercise! It all counts!

You're right about the bun... Who needs bread? We never have it in the house...

carla said...

heres hoping youre not feeling cranky (why can I not use that word without thinking of the beloved cranky fitness!) any longer.

how was the walk?

Miz.

new*me said...

the bean burgers sound yummy! The cold makes me cranky too ;0 Snap out of it! Spring will be here soon.

Diana Swallow said...

The burger sounds fantastic! Great job with the exercise! It all adds up.

Anonymous said...

Just found your blog - great job! I'm just starting out (last Monday!). I haven't added the regular exercise element yet. Good for you, committment wise.

Vee at www.veegettinghealthy.blogspot.com