Sunday, February 22, 2009

Sunday Check in

I hate struggling, I really really do. It feels like failure.

If I'm so damned smart, why can't I follow the WW program?
If I'm paying the money, why don't I use the tools?
If I know better than to eat badly, why can't I just do it?

I'm not striving for perfection. I am fine with pretty darned close. But I can't even seem to get there.

I know that the whole lifestyle change necessary to lose this kind of weight can't be done overnight, and I know that it is going to be necessary for life.

I guess it just feels to hard right now.

I did do 70 minutes walking yesterday - outside w/dogs. What a workout. I started doing elliptical today and did 6 minutes but got sidetracked. So then I did 4.5 miles of Leslie Sansone's indoor 5 mile walk. I just wore out before I could do that last 5 minutes. My heart suddenly wasn't in it. Ugh - want to kick own butt.

I've done a lot of blog reading today.That usually makes me feel better, but it didn't today. it just made me see my short comings.

Guess what time it is....PMS TIME! Man have I got an attitude right now. It's okay, I'll deal with it. Big goal for today is NOT to eat my bad mood.

~~~~~~sigh~~~~~~~

I have done a lot of laundry today. I am going to make a nice lunch with some frozen veggies and chicken breast.

Tomorrow and Wednesday I parent conferences at school. That gives me stress always.

Hope you all are having a great day.

linda

9 comments:

SL said...

Wow, Linda. I totally could have written this post. THANK YOU for letting me know I'm not alone with these exact feelings. I keep trying to remember I'm in this for the long haul and for health. But damn ... it's just as you expressed. I do think that I'm off to either walk (in the rain) or go to the gym. Thanks to this post.

Unknown said...

I am procrastinating the f*&% out of my own Mt. Washmore today (well, for several days now...). I even bought new detergent yesterday even though the old one isn't empty, because the old one is unscented. I bought a new scented one, thinking maybe that could motivate me to climb the pile. I know... I'm grasping at straws...

twinkelydots said...

Why do we focus on what we've not done rather than celebrate what we have done?

Excuse me but 4.5 miles is nothing to put down. 4.5 miles is quite an accomplishment!

So your heart gave out the last 5 mins. So what. You still did 4.5 miles Missy!

I'd love to come on here & say "I did 4.5 miles today!"

Vee said...

I struggle with my food cravings and "rather-sit-on-the-couch-or-take-a-nap" every second of every day. Talking with Hubby helps. Blogging about it definitely helps! Knowing I'm accountable to readers I've never met before is powerful and definitely helps.

I haven't even gotten to the exercise part yet so I very much admire you.

You are fine. You're human. Vee at www.veegettinghealthy.blogspot.com

45+ and Aspiring said...

Ok, I'm new to your site and have lots to say! Hope you'll forgive me!

First, whenever I'm PMSing I always say. . . let's see how I feel this time next week before I submit to complete dispair! It always helps me to recognize that those dark feelings are probably temporary.

Second, you did great amounts of exercise today! I am so envious! I'm struggling to just get out for short walks! It's interesting, I read a journal article once that said that it's common for people to log exercise episodes as a "failure" if they bail before what they set as an expectation, even when they get really close. So they suggested setting a lower bar so you log it as a success. Logged successes are typically more motivational and more likely to encourage repetition.

Third & finally. .. I know exactly how you feel about wondering why your brains don't help you do this! I think there is more to being fat and how to lose it than has yet been discovered. In the mean time, I think the best we can do is keep working to feel good everyday and appreciate our strengths! Sounds like you have quite a few. . .

Hang in there!

Ron said...

I think this lifestyle change when it comes to eating is very tough, just like quitting smoking or quiting drinking, you have to want to change and you have to make it a priority. Yes we all slip up, I ate buffet at KFC today. Just try and make the best choices you can each day and keep exercising and you will get there....

Anonymous said...

Oh Linda, do I ever know how you are feeling. I'm so proud of you for sticking with it, eating right and exercising. Struggling with this new healthy lifestyle is a challenge I face a lot. All we can do is keep on going. I think changing our eating habits is the hardest since we have done the opposite for so long. We can do it!

Make it a great week,
Ang

Hanlie said...

I could have written this post too! Except that I have no stress, PMS and am not on WW. But I'm eating badly and I know better! Let's get it together this week and do better!

Yes we can! Good luck!

Anonymous said...

thats the thing about blogs huh? they can entirely lift you up and can entirely act as human highlighter in a bad way.

Im not going to tell you about all the great stuff you ARE DOING but want to ask you a question:
is the ww plan for you?

I have no ulterior motive AT ALL but you are doing fantastically with the exercise----is there something about ww which isnt working for YOU or is it as simple as you arent ready to work it yet?