Mizfit asks: Is WW for you?
I have to admit that I"m not sure anymore. I sort of have guilt over spending the money and not working the WW ways 100%. I am going to give myself another month, since I'm already paid and see.
I know it's not the program, it's me. I get in my own way. I was reading other blogs about self-sabotage, and I'm there with all those people. I do myself in always. Can I do this on my own? Probably so. Can I continue on my own. If I quit WW, I will have to.
I've used Spark before with great success. I've also played with LiveStrong's daily plate. I know there are awesome free tools out there. But I have to give this one last ditch effort before I give in.
And you know what else - and I know some of you will cringe- I am going to explore WLS. I didnt' say run out and have it done tomorrow. I'll explore. Gonna try and see my doctor this week to see what she thinks and get a referral to talk with someone else about it. The down side is that follow up appts. would be 50 miles away, but it can't hurt to check out the options. Yes, I want to be healthy. I want to feel good and quite honestly LOOK good. There, I said it. I want to be a hotty. Okaaaaaaaaaaaay? But that isn't all I want. I want to head off diabetes and heart disease and get rid of my apnea and fit in rides at theme parks, and I want to be able to run.
Since I know the benefits of exercise and actually enjoy it, I've got good groundwork laid for that end of it. And I think part of my process would be additional counselling to get me thru the addiction part of my problem, because clearly I'm not there yet.
But in the meantime, I'm on points. Today my goal is to stay in bounds and not go over my points. Just for today. Tomorrow I'll deal with when it comes.
Make it a great day!
An Expensive Egg
1 day ago

10 comments:
I think it's healthy that you're taking an honest look at your options. WW might not be the best plan for you.
I hope you get some clarity from your soul searching about your diet. Good luck!
Linda, I wonder why you wouldn't go for the 'additional counselling to get me thru the addiction part of my problem' before the surgery? Good chance you wouldn't need it then. At the very least, it would greatly increase your chance of success after the surgery. I personally know 6 people who have had the surgery, and only 2 have had success...
Well, you already know I'm not a fan of WLS....as I told one of my friends who went for it--that's just my cheap opinion.
It's good to look into all your options ;) Whatever you choose, we are here for ya!
I'll bore everyone with this one more time. I lost 123 lbs. on my own after going to WW 14 times. What anyone needs to lose weight is to have their head in the right place and be committed to it, seriosly committed. If you aren't in the mode, the "groove" as it were, you won't lose weight no matter what plan you latch onto. You have to REALLY want it. A good health scare can get a lot of people going. Fear of death is a powerful motivator! Seriously, being overweight is a killer. You've got the exercise down, Linda. Think about the idea of eating only very high nutrional value foods, foods that have lots of fiber, vitamins,calcium, etc. but with low calorie content. High-payoff, low-cal is the key to health. Lots of fresh veg, some fruit, fat-free yougurt, fish, some chicken. Not much animal fat(Meaning small amounts, if any,of beef, pork, butter. Animal fat is bad for people) Fewer calories is the "Big Secret" people are always looking for. It doesn't matter which program you do. And the other part is the exercise, and you're the queen of that!
That money for the surgery could be spent on something else.
It's not easy, we all know that. And it is a lifestyle change not a diet. And you really have to want to make this lifestyle change. I still have bad days and screw ups, but the screw-ups and bad days are less often. Hope you can find a lifestyle change that will work for you.
I forgot to say that I am not "in the groove" myself lately and I gained a few, also. It's hard to get your head in the right place. Sometimes you just wake up in the morning and it hits you that it is time to start. I hope tomorrow is the day. I feel fat. (And I am!)
I was thinking about that after I commented and came to: it doesnt matter if it isnt the program its you IF you think that another program might bring out your motivation.
that you ARE ready to do it but that THIS approach simply is not a fit.
and WLS?
Ill email ya :)
Miz.
Welcome to HYC. it's been a good place for me to find some friends to walk the road with. as a good friend of mine once told me. You alone can do it, but you don't have to do it alone! Have a great week!
I'm liking WW this time around. I like Sheila's comments as I, too, have joined MANY times before with no success. But it wasn't WW's "fault." It was me NOT working it. Also, I don't think my limited success with it this time is due to the plan but rather due to the "at work" component. I know everyone in the group and checking in with THEM every week is key. There are any number of places you can get support, accountability and advice. Whatever works for you, we're pulling for ya! Hang in there ... one foot in front of the other.
I totally agree with Sheila K. One has to be ready psychologically to lose weight otherwise all efforts will be in vain.
Post a Comment