It was a good day here. I pretty much got my food "ducks in a row" today. I ate pretty well, but I haven't logged it yet. I froze some green beans and just finished cutting corn off the cob. Will bag up tomorrow as time allows. I also made a very healthy vegetarian marinara of sorts from zucchini, onion, zucchini, green pepper and a bit of jarred pasta sauce. YUM!
Hugh never ceases to amaze me. Last Friday we helped at a funeral luncheon. He dived right in and helped bus tables. Got home yesterday to find a message asking for donation of food for another Legion member's funeral lunch. Hugh was really disappointed when I said they didn't need us to help. Right away he jumped to: "they don't want ME." Wow! How sad, I thought. So I explained that they had found enough help already.
I had decided to make fruit pizza as my dish to donate. I couldn't find sugar cookie dough, so I got snickerdoodle. Then I didn't bake the pre-fab squares close together and got cookies. So I got Hugh to come and help me make individual fruit pizzas - they were a HIT HIT HIT! Hugh was so proud when we delivered them, because those ladies carried on so. When Hugh was out of the kitchen I told them he was sad about not being invited to help. Naturally, most of them being grandmas, the ladies invited us to come on down. So we did. Talk about a little boy in his glory. I'm really proud of him. First because he is my boy; second because he is naturally shy and this was big for him to break out of his shell; third because I am HUGE on service to humanity. He is learning early that helping others, even people we don't really know, goes a long way. (Hmmm, some day those folks will hand out scholarships - I'd vote for him right now!)
Later in the day I made Hugh get dressed in longs to go on a hike. He totally didn't want to go, but I won that battle. He loved our walk in the woods. He was surprised such beautiful woods were so close to home. We saw deer tracks, climbed over fallen trees, saw lots of fish in the pond, and he threw rocks and sticks - that's a boy for ya.
I had to make posters today to use on our village truck in a parade. I will think twice as I assign such projects to my students. Gluing and cutting was annoying as hellllll! Not my bag, but I"m sure the signs are fine. They better be; I"m not doing it over. ha ha ha hahaaa
I saw a speaker on Wednesday who specializes in humor in the workplace. He is known as Dr. Humor and has a club for the humor impaired. His organization promotes positive mental attitudes thusly:
The Principles of Good-Hearted Living
Mondays are for Compliments
Tuesdays are for Flexibility
Wednesdays are for Gratitude
Thursdays are for Kindness
Fridays are for Forgiveness
Weekends are for Chocolate and Celebration.
I shall strive to work these things into my life starting today! I only had a bit of chocolate, but I celebrated a beautiful day by hiking w/my son.
Oh, and did I see the scale go down today? I think so!
ta ta for now!
Fat Don't Wrinkle
An Expensive Egg
1 day ago

2 comments:
What a nice day, Linda. I am always surprised at how much you can get done in a day.
I'm glad you took your boy out for a hike. Those are the really important moments in life :)
Post a Comment