Nope, i didn't fall off the "diet wagon." I fell. As in down. Hard. On my butt. And it hurt.
Doing my dog-mom duty, I set the leashes for control mode and made yonder doggies chill before I would take them out the door. They seemed particularly spastic yesterday and eager to get out there and sniff up the world. One way or another I managed to drop little dog's leash. Murphy, that's his name, is small and fast and not streetwise. I panicked...quick as I could I stepped on the handle of the leash - a plastic handle with retractable string. So fast and powerful was my response time that my foot hitting that plastic handle made it slide like a banana peel, and I went down. Hard. On my butt. And it hurt.
I at least had the presence of mind to do two things: first I grabbed the leash handle; second I looked around to see if anyone was witness to my grace and agility. I even shot out a quick prayer that no one was around. Prayer answered. I went back in the house, regrouped, then went on the walk.
I have various and ranmdom pain. Primary pain - left shoulder. I seem to have full mobility. It just hurts. A lot. Ow. My left hip hurts as does my knee on that side. My back hurts as well. When I went down I went straight down on my butt. And I bounced. Really. Just like on a cartoon, but not like on a trampoline so I could immediately regain my feet. In some twisted way I am glad this morning that I have lots of fat on my arse - it kept me from potentially damaging my tailbone.
I think I was walking on rented feet yesterday because later on in the day I tripped over the elliptical's platform feet thing while bending to pick something up and ran my head into the wall. It was the top of my head, so nothing hurt, but yikes! Made me afraid to attempt much of anything active yesterday, like mowing lawn....I wasn't about to take the chance on that one.
Today I'm off to the gym to do that new circuit and for some treadmill time. Taking the furkids to the country for play later. Then I'll mow the lawn. I love mowing lawn.
fat don't wrinkle.
An Expensive Egg
1 day ago

7 comments:
Ow! I definitely have days like that, feel like I have brand new feet. Be careful on that treadmill! :-)
I totally understand. My man picks on me because whenever I take the dog for her walks, I inevitable drop the leash. I don't really know what goes wrong other than great timing on both of our parts. Usually I decide to get something out of my fanny pack about the same time that she decides to go visit that dog two blocks down. Ugh. Then I get to chase after her for a minute till she realizes that no one is holding her and stops. Thank god we trained her to do that one or I really would be in trouble.
Jenn
Ow. Poor dear. Maybe your feet are staging a protest. (New shoes? Too long since your last pedicure? Holding out for more colorful socks?)
I prescribe a long talk with your feet and a very long hot bubbly bath. Yum. I want one of those.
Off to take my feet to the zoo (with their new fancy running socks for ventilation).
ouchy, ouch, ouch!
careful with that lawn mower today and since you love doing it, you're more than welcome to do my lawn as well, any time.
OMG, when I was heavier and I fell, that was the FIRST thing i was concerned about: looking around to make sure no one saw me!
Hope you're okay. I've had some falls where I hurt something (and I wouldn't go to the doctor back then) and it hurt for years.
You are a good writer, I enjoy your blog.
Ow! how's your shoulder today? I've definately had days like that too...where I am suddenly and inexplicably a total klutz for a day.
Hope things are going better today!
-Meg
Im loving your BLOGGING!
not so much the rumpfalling. Im completely accident prone and laughed at heathers comment as my feet are always staging a rebellion and tripping me UP!
if you make it to the library look for The Zone.
skim it even but it'll give you a good 6 minimeals a day sense!
happy weekend, L!
Post a Comment