Sunday, August 3, 2008

And on the third day, God created...

Blisters! WTF? I think they came from the shoes I wore walking yesterday. But I found them this morning when I put them on again for my walk with doggies. Shhhheeeeeit! ow ow ow, and I keep bumping them. At least I have proof of actual activity.

Another bit of "proof" that I'm doing something right is the amount of natural gas I am currently able to produce. Yes, readers, the almighty fiber and roughage gods are smiling on me tonight. Good thing it's just me and the doggies.

Speaking of creating - I actually cooked a nice meal for myself tonight. I got basil, oregano, and parsley from the garden as well as a green pepper. I made faux eggplant Parmesan - it was eggplant layered in homemade marinara sauce. Sprinkling of that dried romano grated stuff was the only cheese. Over fettuccine it was bliss! I also pan-seared / fried some boneless pork tenderloin chops - heaven!

Yesterday I used "the beast" at the gym a.k.a. the elliptical. Today my quads are ON FIRE! I'm assuming it's from that thing. I did do 200 pounds on the leg extension whatever machine, so it may have been a combo? IDK. I just know that I hurt. A lot. Ow. But it's another indication that I've tapped into a new level of fun with my fitness endeavors.

I did walk the dogs this morning. Ow ow ow on the blisters. Need to wear different shoes out there tomorrow. I did go to the gym. Did a short weights workout after warming up on the elliptical beast - 5 minutes of HELL! Then I did 30 minutes on the treadmill. That was tough this morning. I was very tired because I was up too late reading "The Last Summer (of You and Me) by Barbara Brashares. She wrote Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants. I LOVED the book I just finished, and I am going to the library tomorrow to see about scoring other books by her. I laffed, I cried. So good.

No walky doggies this evening. I'm too pooped. I even took a snore and drool nap today, and I still feel exhausted.

Well, tomorrow is another day. Hoping my blisters are better, the humidity is down, we've gotten some rain, I can get up earlier, and that I have a kick ass workout at the gym.

I stayed under calories today, by the way. I had a Subway veggie sub! It was yummy. I knew it would be.

Thanks for reading Fat Don't Wrinkle.

8 comments:

Jenn said...

Ugh, blisters on the feet are the worst. My MIL said that she puts vaseline on high rub spots before working out and that seems to help, although I imagine it also makes your socks nasty, but I guess that's the price one pays to be fit and active.

And again I say, Ugh.
Jenn

carla said...

for some reason this:
I actually cooked a nice meal for myself tonight.

SHOUTED OUT TO ME that you were filled with selflove.

that you cooked for yourself becasue you felt you deserved that for your body.

I love it.

Miz.

Heather said...

I noticed the same bit as Carla. It's taken me a very long time to be willing to make a tun sandwich for myself, so kudos to you for cooking a meal for yourself. That's some powerful self-love.

I've read the vaseline advice for blisters too. That and "wear good shoes." My running book also says to smear blisters with 1% hydrocortisone cream and cover with a sterile gauze pad.

Must run. My two-year-old is tearing up a lift-the-flap book again. WhyohWhy do our families insist on giving those to him?

Heather said...

umm, that's TUNA. Not some new super health food called "tun."

Mark Salinas said...

Blisters are tough! Bandaids over have helped me.

Crabby McSlacker said...

Sorry about the blisters, ow!

And I gotta say, a "snore and drool" nap sounds awfully good right about now.

Anonymous said...

When it comes to the dreaded exercise machines, I honestly wish I had a stationary bike in my house. I'm a good chunk of self-conscious in public with my exercise (as in, I only go jogging at night), so a bike in my house would see some good use.

carla said...

that you took the time to take care of YOU.

I loved seeing that.

make sense now? :)

Miz.