Friday, August 8, 2008

Day 7 of 31

Somehow I have fallen a day behind in posting. Must mean I need to post again later.

Yesterday was a good day. I went back to the gym for strength. Did that new circuit. Still liking it. Now I need to find what my weights are - just how much can I lift to challenge myself w/out hurting me? Perhaps next time will unravel that mystery further.

Food was okay on day 7. Actually I ended up making some "healthy" muffins. I used Jiffy Mix (faux Bisquick) and just kept plopping stuff in the batter - crushed pineapple, apple sauce, shredded zucchini, craisins, chocolate chips, oatmeal. When it looked appropriately batterish I poured in muffin tins and baked. Not bad for a by-guess-and-by-gosh experiment. See, my brother and I went fishing this morning at 8:00. He wanted donuts. I could have taken donuts. But he is an inadvertant saboteur with food - bad habits...soooo bad. So being assigned food, I took what I wanted: muffins, ham sammies w/swiss cheese on wheat sub rolls, melon. YUM. Not unhealthy. My unhealthy thing was a couple sips of regular soda and a beer.

It's a beer weekend here. I started last night with 3 down at the ball park. It's La Valle Celebration time, and I ended up on the fringe of the entity that puts the little festival on. I watched the men put in some drainage stuff and then fill in with gravel and dirt. They had tractors, rakes, shovels. I had the beer and a camera. I'm tend to be pretty shy, so just being there was a real stretch for me but I stuck around. And I"m glad I did. It was fun.

Then I came home, ate two boneless pork chops, and went to bed. Not my normal routine, but ya got to shake it up once in a while.

My shoulder still aches. Not as bad as yesterday; just sortof an annoying "I know you're there" kind of ache. I can live with it.

I think it's nap time.

ta ta for now

No comments: