Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Workin' Wednesday

Yeeees, so it's back to the grind. No kids yet, but a-grindin' we will go.

Attended a workshop thing all day for 8 school in our conference. The key note was Dr. Stuart Robertshaw a.k.a Dr. Humor. What a fabulous way to start the day. I enjoyed his laughter exercises. Mostly they involve interacting with people - shaking hands for instance - and instead of speaking you both laugh. What a wonder lightening of the hearts can be.

Maybe I should take that as a lesson - I need to lighten up, both physically and emotionally - ha ha ha ha ha. But seriously. I have been getting all bunged up because I eat like a damned fool. I keep working out, so I know that under all the blubber I am building muscle, but it's hidden with fat.

Anyone want to give me a link or a list or whatever you got that gives a very very very clear picture of what and or when and or how you have been eating to find success? I cannot get a grip!

I did get to the gym today. I have three days in since Saturday! That means my little life is settling into a routine. I need that now. Praying that going back to school will provide me with structure and keep me too busy to worry about eating...

It was a pretty good day over all.

TTFN

3 comments:

Jenn said...

Try this.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/

It is a community mentality which sometimes helps but it also has a thing where you can log all of your food and and activity and it shows you a cumulative total of fat, calories, carbs, sodium, and so on. I do really well when I follow this plan. The people on there are really nice and helpful as well and are all working toward the same goals that you are.

I am jumping back on the wagon tomorrow after a hard fall. So good luck to both of us.

Jenn

debby said...

I am guessing that you don't like Weight Watchers or it hasn't worked for you? I was VERY skeptical when I started, but I really did learn a lot about choosing different kinds of foods and making small but permanent changes as time went on. Plus they work a bit on some of the psychological challenges. And, if you read other experts on permanent weight loss, most of them say that accountability and encouragement, and journaling are key components of permanent weight loss. If you want to know more I'd be glad to 'talk' via email.

carla said...

HERES TO YOUR NEW ROUTINE.
and the fact you are sticking to it.

FDW,

Miz ;)