I got lost in the shuffle and forgot to blog yesterday. I did get to the gym and did some HIIT. As planned, I rode the road bike for 20 minutes. I wanted to quiiiiiiit, boy did I. But I just kept telling myself that it was ONLY 20 minutes and to just do it. Then I did 25 minutes of HIIT on the treadmill. I started out in may at a "normal" pace of 2.8 on the treadmill. Now my highest doable is 3.6 which feels like hauling major ass to this big mama. If I exceed that I have to run, and my knees are not happy.
Should have known last night when I got on the treadmill that today wouldn't be fabulous health wise. I had a runny nose and needed to keep blowing. Sign two of bad things coming - I fell asleep on the couch. Haven't done that in quite a while, so it was definitely a sign. And I woke up this morning, not to the alarm but to the feeling that the alarm didn't go off. I don't remember it going off anyway. So I woke up to crusty eyes, crusty nostrils, and gunky teeth. BLAH. Good thing the dogs don't care what I look like. I wanted to go back to bed, but I had a field trip scheduled for today. Alas, no staying home.
I and the other English teacher went to American Players Theatre. It's a Shakespeare Rep. in Spring Green. Was it raining? OF COURSE! Outdoor theatre? YOU BET. At least it mostly stopped raining during the show. Actually the rain returned at the curtain call. I love Shakespeare, so I refused to miss it. We saw A Midsummer Night's Dream. It was brilliant. The kids enjoyed it as did I. Now I am exhausted.
I'm not going to the gym tonight. In fact, I am going to see is someone else will take that Hugh to football practice so I can stay home and flop on the loveseat with pillow and blankie. My eyes hurt and so do my teeth. My hair is even starting to hurt. I have no appetite which is probably good news.
I shall head for home shortly. Hopefully I can score some OJ at the store and find some soft kleenex. I crave sleep. . .and chicken soup. . . and warm jammies.
TTFN
An Expensive Egg
1 day ago

3 comments:
ahhh! At least your not hungry, huh? Hope you get better soon!
your very descriptive account of aack is making me want to send you a blog hug!!
Hope you feel better soon. I have been there....when everything hurts. I don't know if you have tried it but Emergen-c is a little packet you mix with water that's full of vitamin C, lots of B and other good stuff! You can get it at Walmart---reasonably priced. I drink one every morning but if I feel sickness coming on I will do 3/day.
Hope you're feeling better, Linda.
Listen to you body and heed what it says.
Perhaps a rest weekend?
As much as you OhMama2Hugh can get a weekend off ;)
Miz.
Post a Comment