No work today so I made myself a great day.
I had to fix food for a funeral lunch, so I started out baking cookies early, early, and was done by 7:45 am. Took Hugh to school and was at the gym by 8:15. Did my strength circuit and was at the store by 9:00. Picked up stuff to fix for the lunch and got home about 9:30. Made a hot dish and individual fruit pizzas out of the cookies I had baked, jumped in the shower and was at the legion hall by 11:15. Fretted and fussed with the senior set for the next three hours. Stopped at the polling place, cuz it was primary day here. Sat and got gossip from the voter registration senior set. By that time Hugh was getting out of school, so I went to pick him up. Got home and chatted on-line. Made Hugh some supper out of leftovers I brought home from the lunch. I have enough to feed some of my school staff tomorrow, so they are getting potato, macaroni, and bean salads as well as coleslaw. ICK, except the bean salad. Then I pealed apples, diced them, and cooked them down for sauce. Took the dogs for a walk, came home and watched Big Brother. I just now put the applesauce in jars. I hope they seal. If not, I'll have to eat it fast. Now here I am. No football practice, no meetings, nothing to drag me away from getting stuff done. Oh - add in laundry...again.
Whew. It was a great day. If I didn't need an income, I'd spend every day doing what I did today. Lottery...I need to play the lottery.
Had a great circuit workout again today. I upped some of my weights. I lost another pound according to Mr. Scale. I can find them again so quickly, that I don't believe it. I do know that my pants kept sliding down today. I washed them and will dry them and that should do the trick. I wish I could lose pounds as well as inches, but I guess it just isn't meant to be. Not at this time anyway...at least nothing major. I shall keep plugging away at the circuit of strength in spite of myself. I like knowing that I am getting stronger.
One of my friends - the village president under whom I serve as a trustee - turned 73 yesterday. My mom turned 70. My mom's generation - at least in this little town - produced a bunch of fellas who don't go by their real names. Slick, Whitey, Snowball, EP, Tuffy, Red, Bones, Woody are all fellas Mom grew up with. I just LOVE that about those folks. Anyway Slick said as we were eating the birthday cake I took to our board meeting, "If I'd known I was going to live this long, I'd have taken better care of myself." He was half joking, but there is some wisdom there. Certainly he did something right - probably a combination of working very hard and having a happy family - because he is still here. But he did have his 2nd heart attack this past summer...I guess this was my message from God to get off my butt and do something about my own health. I needed the nudge, and I think him for that.
I am thankful - getting back to the theme of the day - that I am flexible. I didn't mind not working at all. hahahahahahahahahaha I had things to do today and was able to roll with the way it all worked out without getting terribly worked up - I do that sometimes. I hope that if I ever start to get old and farty and rigid in my ways and thinking someone will give me a wakeup call...or a whack in the head. I don't ever want to get so uptight as some people seem to about little things. It just isn't worth it.
Hope your Tuesday was swell.
Fat Don't Wrinkle
An Expensive Egg
1 day ago

7 comments:
Nudges come when you least expect them :) Yum to the fruit pizza!
Here's to your day off!!
Next time let me know in advance-------Ill send the Tornado your way for babysitting ;)
Miz.
You definitely went with the flow ;)
Sounds like a super productive day!!
Ok I keep hearing you talk about these fruit pizza's and now I totally want the recipe. Holiday's are coming up and I would love to take something like that to all the dinners.
You are doing great, the weight will come off eventually. Mine just suddenly started to melt away last week. Sometimes it just takes your body a while to catch up.
Jenn
Hi Linda, First of all, congrats on winning 'Cranky's' poetry contest!
I love this post. That is exactly the kind of day I like. Just a regular day, I call it. And I laughed and agreed with your statement "Whew. It was a great day. If I didn't need an income, I'd spend every day doing what I did today." Plus like you said, sometimes I have a day like that and fret about doing too much. Sometimes I fret about doing too little. Its best of all when I just appreciate the day for what it was.
Liked your part about the older guy and learning to take care of ourselves. For me, the pictures in my mind are my Dad and his mom, my Grandma (the two people I am the most like physically) As much as I love them, I want to avoid ending up like them if it is in my power to do that. And on that note, I gotta go take a walk!
Wow, you got a lot done! And I agree with your last thought. I want someone to give me a whack in the head as well, when I become too uptight. Sometimes you just need that.. :)
When do you have time for life?
Just found your blog today, I love your straightforward attitude! Keep up the great blogging!
Post a Comment