Friday, September 12, 2008

Friday - later that same day...

Well, I had a battle on my hands getting my boy out of bed this morning. I made him dress and took him to the morning sitter's house myself.

I found out that my insurance covers mental health 100% - it ought to for what we pay! Called the M.D. clinic as soon as they opened and after talking to a couple of nurses score an appoint with an MD. Not my pediatrician, but okay. Then called one of my mental health providers and after a couple hitches landed a 3:00 appointment - MD at 1:30, MH at 3:00. sobbed thru much of my morning. Decided to take Monday off so I could be flexible in getting an appt. with the pediatrician in the morning. Done! and my sub plans are on the desk ready to go.

Did both appointments. No Rx for the boy, but I think I could use one. Mental health was inconclusive, but we will see him again in 2 weeks. Not sure I liked the guy, but whatever. Will try him again. Basically it seems that medication is going to be the last line of defense her. I'm okay with that. Boy-o does have a bedwetting problem. I am going to see about an Rx for that. Maybe it will make him feel a little more confident. Maybe if he can have a sleepover or something he will start feeling better. I don't know.

Delivered him to his step-monster...errrrr....mother. Explained to her royal highness what is going on. Advised that I am not being a b...witch, but that she needs to help the father-person understand the the bullying he does of the boy-o needs to stop now. Boy doesn't thinks it is fun to get monster wedgies, be turned upside down, be grubbed by a man twice his size or more, and to be out-maneuvered in wrestling by the same man. Boy-o hates it. Father-person won't quit when told that it isn't fun. father-person don't get it. ~~~~~sigh~~~~~

Now I am home. Had some supper and am heading for bed. I-R-exhausted.

Tomorrow is another day.

Thank you to my readers for the prayers and well wishes. "This too shall pass, indeed."

Good night friends!

3 comments:

Jenn said...

Good for you for standing up for the boy-o! Dad needs to get a clue!

Jenn

new*me said...

you will both get through it and be even that much stronger :) I hope you are having a good weekend. I know you are a single parent, but don't forget to try to get some "me" time in there so that when the stress is there, you will be able to cope with it better.

Anonymous said...

ahhhh parenting.

that which does not kill us....tires us the hell out.

Miz.