So much to convey, so little time.
Yesterday was to be Hugh's second counseling session. I took the whole day off so I could clean the house for his birthday party and get to my own doctor appointment. Naturally I was aggravated when the phone rang about 8:20 to inform me that the therapist had a family emergency and was cancelling. he could reschedule for late October. Ugh! AAAAAGGGHH!
Ahem...sorry. I wasn't really thrilled with him anyway. So this was not all bad. I had spoken with a couple of teachers at school who totally believe in Paul Gasser, a family therapist who does training on parenting and raising respectful responsible kids. He practices about 20 minutes from here. So i called the clinic. No appointment until late October. "Is this an emergency?" Ummm, well my kid wanted to kill himself...hello? So phone lady puts me thru to a therapist to decide if it was an immediate need. Who answered that call??? Paul Gasser. He was w/a patient and would call me back. Short of it is that he had a cancel at 3:00 - did I want it? Oh heck yeah. So we now have an awesome family therapist who I believe in and like. Yay!
I got my own foot appointment changed to Monday. I've been dealing with it so far. I can wait.
Hugh's birthday party was a roaring success. Three football guys came. They played the Wii and ate chips and carrots and celery w/ranch dip. Drank pop. Laughed and goofed. Hugh was in heaven. He had a blast. He loved his gifts. He was one very happy child. What a relief. I was pretty worried that it would suck. But those boys were hilarious. Thank God it's over. Today Hugh has football at 9:00 a.m. Ugh. Hope it doesn't rain.
I have decided to join Weight Watchers. Meeting Tuesday. I will go. I hope they aren't all skinny women. I need to start taking care of me totally again. Will give this a whirl.
Hearts are later around here this morning. So far I haven't had to crack the whip on the boy to get him moving. Hoping it can stay that way.
An Expensive Egg
1 day ago

3 comments:
I am so glad that Hugh had a good time with his friends. Also glad that you found a good therapist since finding one that you mesh with can make all the difference. Good luck with weight watchers.
Jenn
P.S. I left something for you at my blog. Please come on over and retrieve it.
Jenn
Glad to hear about the great therapist AND the party! Let us know how the WW meeting goes... I hear mixed reviews but most people so seem to like them. Good luck :)
Post a Comment