I greet you from wet Wisconsin. Okay, so we ain't go nuthin' on the Ike victims, but I still need to point out that it has rained for several days here. It's not cool or cold fall rain either. It's yucky warm here and New Orleans humid. The silver lining is that my hair is looking rather luxurious from the wave popping out due to the humidity. In short - YUCK!
I intended to get much much done today, but that didn't happen. I"m just fine with that. The kitchen is marginally clean - way clean compared to this morning. I shall sweep floors in the very near future, then mop. I oughta start laundry as well. I have a ton of clothes to fold.
Part of my Hugh plan is to go clean his room. No energy for that in spite of a nice nap...maybe because of the nap. I can't say quite. I just know I'm not restored enough to do a major cleaning.
I did go see Hugh play football. His team won 12-6. Hugh did a great job on offensive line - lots of plays running through the holes to his left. Plenty of "Atta-boyz!" I can see the coaches making an effort to tell him when he does well. I also now have an after school plan for Hugh - he will go home with one of his classmates, and I will pick him up there. Hugh likes the kid a lot, but there is a "cool kid" aka bully at school who seems to dominate what the other kids will do. the other kids are afraid to defy the little Napolean. My hope is that by Hugh going home with this football buddy a solid friendship will be born, and those 2 can "dethrone" the bully. I'm satisfied with the two just becoming great pals. Both are only children. The other parents know the deal and didn't hesitate to help us out. Praise be...
I went to the gym today. (PS - Thursday when I felt like total crap and was gonna skip it, I went anyway! Heck yah! Felt good even though I couldn't breathe.) I think the scale moved DOOOWN as well. I tried on a pair of pants yesterday that fit me like a saddle on a sow a year ago, and they fit. Not a pair I'd wear totally out in public as they say "Bad Girl" across the butt, but the point is they fit fit fit! That's a nice change.
I went for Chinese carryout to soothe my aching heart. In the past I would have eaten all of it. Today I stopped. I just couldn't imagine making it all gone. That's a great sign - both that my body won't allow it and that my mental state didn't need it. I think it induced the nap, but I like naps and it is too cruddy to do much else.
It's good to have some measurment of success that doesn't involve the scale. God knows the scale is not my friend. (even though it did move DOWN) I like that the pants fit better. I'm learning - it's a steep curve, but I"m getting there.
changes - more are coming. I need to make it a more positive environment around here so both my boy and I can move on. I'll keep you posted.
fdW
An Expensive Egg
1 day ago

3 comments:
"Bad Girl"... LOL! Are you?
Sometimes you need a day to just rest. Especially with all this crap weather lately.
Jenn
I think you should totally wear the pants to the gym next time! I hope your weather clears up. Rain can be a little bit of a downer!
Looking forward to the changes while SIMULTANEOUSLY admiring all you've achieved already linda!
Miz, who thinks SHE now has the cold or postIke-allergies are BAD in TX
Post a Comment