Hi folks.
Been seeing and hearing a lot about Lavash bread. I braved up and bought two packages, determined that I was going to LOVE it regardless. Having tried it, I cannot say I 'love' it, but I can say - good enough for me! Plus, I got my sweet fussy uber-picky boy to eat it. How?
We made PIZZA!
Hugh spread marinara on his pretoasted bread, added canadian bacon and mozzarella and baked. He ate all of it. No fuss, minimal muss. And healthy!
I cut my bread in half. One half was drizzled with a bit of olive oil, covered with carmelized onion slices and fresh garlic chunks and doused with an Italian cheese blend consisting of 6 cheeses - fontina, parmesan, romano, mozzarella, provolone, and asiago by Sargento, the persnickety cheese people from Plymouth, Wisconsin. Baked until cheese melts, this is a deliciouso taste treat. I wished I had made the whole pizza an onion garlic pizza. The other half of my Lavash was marinara, mushrooms, carmelized onions, 4 pieces Canadian bacon, and 6 pieces turkey pepparoni. This was good as well. I give it a B+.
I also tried the Morning Star Farms veggie patty teriyaki ginger today. It is good. I would probably buy more of the Southwestern than the asian flared ones though. The flavor is more robust in the SW.
Okay - that's my story this morning. A bit worried about going to WW, but I know that worrying won't make it better or worse, it will just give me stress. No stress today, please!
I'm out!
An Expensive Egg
1 day ago

1 comment:
Yum yum, Linda. I haven't gotten the lavash bread yet, but have Flatout bread, and love making 'pizza's on it. Love your idea of the carmelized onions and cheese...
Post a Comment