Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Week in review

Well, one week ago I weighed in with a -.2 loss. Yes, a loss but disappointing. So the leader at WW said - Bring me your journal. (my inner dialogue is going, "Oh no you di-innn't!")

Wednesday - a good day. No problems journaling.
Thursday - Uh oh. Pancakes and bacon Pizza buffet. (slaps self like a bad dog)
Friday - good start....ohhhh, geez Chinese buffet.(I sense a pattern here) and out of points by 4 pm. Drat that Halloween candy.

Saturday - pulled self up by boot straps. Cooked, cleaned, cooked.
Sunday - still holding boot straps. Cooked, laundry.
Monday - back to work and structure. Gym. Dog walk
Tuesday - walked dogs. Drank ton of water already. Food planned for the day. I ate 2 cookies because I had plenty of points left.

I journaled all of it every day. And I went to the gym every single day. I worked the program. I planned my meals. I sat down ahead of time to check the points on what I was about eat often. I said no yesterday to p-nut m&ms.

So it's hurry up and wait until the evening meeting.

I have enjoyed getting back to the gym. I believe that I need to workout hard if I am going to lose. For some reason my body seems to want to hold on to the weight. Well, forget that! If it's a fight it wants; a fight it'll get.

One thing that made me say, "Hmmmm." is that my trainer totally poo-poo'd the whole WW thing. She is a clean eating fan - 6 meals a day and clean clean clean. Well I tried that. I couldn't do it. My life, my work, and my personal style do not permit me to eat 6 times a day. There are days when I almost don't have time to eat twice. And even tho it would benefit the kid, he just won't eat a lot of things right now. I'm afraid that he'll have to hit his 20s and be on his own before he discovers real clean food and how awesome it is. I just thought it was kinda crappy of her to dismiss WW as a program that doesn't teach health and nutrition. She said that. It teaches some portion control, but not about good choices. Well, all I know is that once I pulled my Halloween head out of my posterior, I made really good choices all weekend. And I ate lots of veggies and lean protein and drank my water and ate fruit. And I didn't feel deprived. Not one bit.

So - trainer - before you shoot off that mouth, think. Do the research. Through some things she said, I knew that she really didn't know the WW program. Not really.

Gotta go. It's getting late. I will post my WW weighin results this evening.

Make it a great day!

5 comments:

Donnalouise said...

Funny your trainer would say that - WW is the one program that teaches not just portion control but how to balance getting in H2O, lean protein, whole grains, healthy oils, etc... My colleague went to his doctor to try and get his goal weight set to a higher value and the doctor said no, he liked WW and thought the weight they had set for him was healthy and attainable - my colleague gets his lifetime membership today - he did it!!!

Anonymous said...

Im with your gut and DC on the ww thing.

and IMO as a trainer Id never had poopoo'd anything my client was doing which wasnt HARMFUL.

(Ill know the chicago plans soon...looks like a bar thing sat night (hotel bar..still not my scene :) but Ill be there hopped up on no doze :)) and a brunch!)

Betty said...

You´re doing great. I´m sure you´ll have a loss tonight!

Anonymous said...

Hi Linda, what a good review of your week. I've found that people who poo poo w.w. really aren't completely familiar with the program. And, some people who have gone and found it 'didn't work' really didn't want to embrace changing their lifestyle. They were just looking for a quick fix.

That's funny about your leader offering to look at your journal. That's a good leader, but I'm with you--no way anyone's looking at my journal. And they aren't going to see me naked anytime soon either--hehe!

Angie said...

I can't believe your trainer said that to you. Clean eating is not easy and especially eating 6 times a day just isn't feasible for everyone. You just keep on making smarter choices and exercising and you'll get there.

I really enjoyed your week in review.

Angie
losingitandlovingit.com/blog