I did a bit of online shopping - and I bought for me. I'm so naughty! It's only flatware, but I wanted/need it. What I have is certainly fine, but it is hodge-podgy. I want grown up. So I buyed me some.
I survived Turkey day feeling pretty good. My thinner cheesecake was a hit. I assured all of them as they devoured the delightful stuff that they need not worry about their low fiber as the Fiber One in the crust would take care of business for them. (mwahahahahahahahaaaaa) Today my younger brother asked me if I was serious about the Fiber One...that made me giggle. He'll find out in the end. (rimshot-ching)
There wasn't room at the table yesterday, so Hugh and I ate in the living room. We watched the dog show instead of joining in the conversation. My older brother (a.k.a "Raised by Wolves") dominated the conversation with talk of buying a house and financing and how he's gonna take them to the cleaners and harumph, harumph, harumph, blahblahblah. OY! I overdid the stuffing portion, but by Gawd, we only pass this way once a year, so I indulged. I got up and started dishes instead of sitting at the table picking. Made the rest of the fam get stuff put away before dessert, too. My loving mother made her biggest bowl FULL of my favorite cranberry fluff: ground cranberries, orange zest, orange juice, whipped cream (the real thing) and marshmallows. I had ONE spoon of it to appease her. It was divine. It instantly coated my teeth with individual sugar-laden fur coats. I walked away. (Kicked it's arse, I did!)
We came home and went out to take on the garage and outdoor decorations. I had to rearrange my stuff so I could put away the patio furniture. We decked the halls after sorting and chucking the defunct lights. We also raked leaves and hauled them in garbage barrels to cover my rose shrubberies (I like that word, esp. how used in Monty Python). I also cleaned up my basement. I even mopped and squee-geed.
Today we took our walk. Then we took the dogs to the country to run run run. I love hiding in the tall weeds while my young pooch is distracted, calling him, and seeing him bound thru the weed to get to his target. I had Steph do it. It was cool. We had bar burgers for lunch - had to feed up my college kid. HAHAHA I logged it and have room for a veggie supper. No worries. I am not worried about gaining at weigh in on Tuesday.
I'm done at the gym. I decided that I am going to work it out on my own. Focus on the food and walk every day. I really want to show that trainer that is so down on WW that it can be done w/out her. I have something to prove. So I'm going to do it!
Part of my plan is to eat WAY more vegetables. So tomorrow we are going to a discount food place - sort of a bent and dent thing. We are going to load up on frozen veggies and oatmeal and anything else healthy. I have seen the light, and it's covered with veggies.
Steph just left, and I'm waiting for Hugh to come back from his dad's. I was late bringing him home yesterday and kept his-highness waiting, so I imagine they'll return late. NO worries. I like the peace. I'm watching a top 100 songs from the 80s thing on VH1. It rocks.
Hope you all had a great Friday.
Make it a great weekend!
linda
An Expensive Egg
1 day ago

5 comments:
peeking in from a house filled with family....Ill cheer you on in the exercise realm.
we shall, err, you shall :) show that trainer!
yep
THATS ME.
MizFith :)
Hey Linda, you exhaust me with all the work you get done!
I was wondering how that cheesecake turned out--are you going to share the recipe?
You are having some real major 'mind work' victories, I think--love the line "I have seen the light, and it's covered with veggies." You go girl!
The trainer who doesn't like WW obviously doesn't know what she's talking about since it's just eating sensibly.It always comes out on top in reviews of the various "diets". Anyway,If you were using this person and she put down your healthy eating plan, she's just dumb! Eating right AND exersizing is what makes for success; this person is never going to make it as a trainer. And you're right, you don't need the gym. I lost my 123 lbs. walking (and following points)only. But you should figure out how to get some weight-bearing stuff in.
WOW you had a full few days. Sounds like you did a fantastic job on Thanksgiving. Way to go!
As for veggies, I can't believe how many new and tasty veggies I have tried in the last 6 months. So fun.
Hope you're enjoying your weekend.
Post a Comment