Sunday, November 16, 2008

Sunday Check in

Hugh and I had a good day yesterday. He busted out the "Dance Dance Revolution" game for the Wii and has been dancing up a storm. Ya know what? My kid is getting into healthy eating and fitness! He knows he has to get off his butt more and dancing is his deal. I even played some with him. Little goof put me on a really hard fast song by accident - we sure laughed hard.

We went to see Madagascar 2. The adults busted up big. Hugh's a little more mature than most 10 yo boys, and he got a lot of the adultish humor.

We went to the "outlet" mall so I could get him some pants at Old Navy. Then we went to Harry and David's. They had samples of some whole grain tortilla chips. YUM! So we got a bag. 18 in a serving is a nice wad of crunch. Hugh wanted WW super nachos again, so this was all in the plan.

Guess what! - I snuck the black beans in on the boy. Yep. I pureed them as well as I could and dumped the puree in. Told Hugh I accidently added beans and had to scoop them out and missed a few. The majority were in a separate bowl for me. He liked it and was eye-rollingly annoyed at my sneakiness. I hate "lying" to him, but if that is what I have to do to get him to try new healthy stuff and eat more like me - fine.

I also found some of the Quaker pumpkin oatmeal at Walmart. Does it say "pumpkin spice"? Yep. Here I was thinking pumpkin - you know - as in they put some of the pump in the oats??? Nope - just the spices. I could have done that my own self. It was just okay as a flavor. I prefer cinnamon, cinnamon swirl, etc. I'll eat it cuz I bought it, but I wouldn't go after it again.

We are going to cook something different around here today - I'm not sure what yet. I will try to get that Hugh involved so we can put up some interesting pictures.

It was pretty cold here this morning, but I took the K-9 units on a longer walk anyway. I ran part of it. Running is not comfortable for me as in my body flops too much for me to be able to sustain running for long. But I have this "inner runner" who appears to be dying to get out. I used to run a lot for fun as a kid, but as I got bigger and bigger, I slowed down more and more. I want to feel that feeling of running again.

I caught episode one of Ruby on Style Network. Jennette Fulda (Half-assed/Pasta Queen) recommended it. Ruby is morbidly obese and doing a reality show to try to get to a healthy weight. I can relate to many of her issues, so it was disturbing in its own way.

I would LOVE not to go to the gym today, but I can't blow it off. I paid for it!! Plus I am going to put it on hold for December and maybe January...IDK...because I am sick of the running every damned day or so. I need a mental break, not from the gym but from the go go go that has been on-going since about May. I'm gonna lose it if I dont' get to just chill for a while. We'll see what happens. Maybe I'll decide to wait until January to take a break. I"m a little afraid that I'll go backwards on my progress. Grrr. We'll have to see.

Have a great day.
linda

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

did you make it to the gym?

I wasnt into going put was lured there by the free daycare :)

wanna hear more what you think about ruby...posting on that too as I, so far, thought it was at least NOT A SLANTED/NEGATIVE portrayal.

Donnalouise said...

I have to go see if I have the fashion network (was that the channel?) that Ruby is on...must check the TiVo and set it up. Haven't seen an episode yet but am curious...

Anonymous said...

Love me some DDR! My 24 year old stepson loves to get it out at our house and he's so good at it. I sweat up a storm every time and we have a blast. We have the one for XBox.

Sounds like you got a lot accomplished this weekend. Those nachos sound really good.

Congrats on your running. I tried to run on the treadmill this weekend but my knees weren't having it. Oh well, maybe one day.

Hope you have a great week!