Thursday, November 6, 2008

One good week

I had one good week last week, and this week seems to be crumbling around me. File it under: "It's always something." I should have done the gym yesterday, but I had a late staff meeting, Hugh had buried a toy at the after-school place and couldn't find it, so took FOREVER digging and never found the stupid thing; then we got home and the house was so trashed I couldn't stand it. WE MAKE BIG MESSES HERE! I am my own worst enemy, really, on too many fronts.

So instead of going to the gym I stayed home and took down most of the outdoor Halloween stuff. Forced Hugh to help pick stuff up and sweep floors and was slammed with major awful cramps. I mean SLAMMED! This made me feel even uglier and more foul. My appetite was zero and I didn't feel like cooking, but experts advised to eat anyway. UGH! So I did. *thanks Miz*

I mopped this morning after I got home from walking the dogs. Hey, you gotta do what you gotta do when you can do it, right? So my house is marginally clean-er. And tonight I will go to the gym.

And tomorrow night.

And Saturday morning.

And we'll see what Sunday brings. Maybe we'll have to settle for walking to get to trains and places in Chicago. I have to work this out somehow so I can get there. I didn't reserve a hotel yet, because I am still not sure. When I told Mommie-dearest my mad plan to zip-trip down there I got a very very very cold reception. I hate that about my mother. Mrs. Worst-case Scenario pointed out that it is going to get cold. And snow. And roads. And cold. (I cover my years and chant blahblahblah - I cannot hear you - blah blah blah in my head until she is done.) She thinks I am crazy. I think I am excited. I"m hoping my kid from school can arrange w/her momma to come house sit.

Oh and on that thing about not feeling like eating. I just didn't. No hunger. Nothing. No appetite. Felt kinda bad eating anyway just to get all the points in. Anyone on WW have 2cents on that?

Must run. Today we go to town from school to sell yearbook ads. I love the kids I'm taking, so it should be a nice time. Rain and stuff are coming, so it could get chilly. ..

*covers ears, blah blah blah*

Make it a great day!

PS - I won a hundred dollar Junonia gift card from Crabby McSlacker and Merry. I'm thrilled!

6 comments:

Donnalouise said...

Morning! If you are not sick, then I would try not to eat when I am not hungry. You're body will let you know when it needs fuel. But if you are sick though, getting some nutrition is a definite yes in my books - try liquids like soups and fruit juices.

Hope you have a good trip and WOOHOO on the gift card. I love Junonia - bought a bathing suit there. Don't fit in it anymore but still love the company.

Jenn said...

Congrats! I love Junonia!

I would try to get in a small snack, just enough to keep you going. Like fruit.

Have fun in Chicago! Wish I could go but work calls and I took off last week for the funeral!

Jenn

Angie said...

Gotta love cramps, NOT! Maybe a smoothie would be a good meal replacement for you when you don't feel like eating.

Sounds like you got a lot accomplished at home so that's a plus.

I just emailed you about Chicago. I sure hope you can make it. Haven't heard about any major snow or cold but I'll keep my ears open. I say just do it.

Have fun in town today.

Angie
losingitandlovingit.com/blog

new*me said...

lucky you girl!

sorry about the cramps .....ugh....they are rough!

Whenever I don't feel like eating I ask myself.....don't you want to burn calories? I don't want starvation mode to kick in by any means ;)

Great advice from miz ;)

carla said...

LISTEN TO DONNA AS SHE KNOWS HER STUFF!

and take care of you, Woman.

I have a sister in chicago so Ill be back :)

Carla

Anonymous said...

"Rain and stuff" ... wish we could get that around here. (Do you agree, Miz?)