4th of July....
Okay, not so much. More like the 15th of November. Really, where does the time go. Hugh and I went out to eat last night at the little diner downtown. I've known the owners most of my life, and they've known Hugh, too. It seems like everyone measures time by how big my sweet boy is getting. He was a toddler when we moved back here...now he's just a big ol' boy.
Yesterday was a weightloss benchmark met! I was looking at the clothes in my closet for something different to wear when my eyes fell upon my size 26W bluejeans. I hadn't been able to wear pants without elastic for a long long time. Out of curiosity I picked them up and put them on. They fit. With room to spare. I can sit in them and bend in them and not cut off my circualtion. Now I know size 26W is very large, but I was probably a 30W two years ago. When I put my weight back on after getting back together with Jeff "I think he's the one, but he's really a jackass" I put on 60 lbs after losing 40. Anyway - it felt darned good to wear jeans. And I when I showed my Hugh that mom was wearing jeans, he glowed. He was so tickled for me, you guys, I thought he was gonna bust. I had him take pictures, but I'm not posting. In my mind's eye, I looked damned good; in the pics, damned fat. So solly, picture no good.
We are up early on Saturday morning to have "getting ready for school practice". Our family therapist recommended practicing, so we're doing it. My job is to wake the little man and set a timer. He has 40 minutes to get up and get dressed and go through his morning routine to completion - i.e., he is ready for real to get out the door. Then he has to get out of clothes and into jammies and do it all over again. When he does it three times in less than the set time of 40 minutes, we are done. See, being a single mom I feel like I need to see my boy off to school or at least the sitters in the morning. We did pretty well for a week while I was dropping him off there at 7, but now that the sitter is back he's refusing to get moving. For instance, yesterday he was still asleep at 6:45 - he was supposed to shower and dress and get out the door by 7:00. He didn't make it. But yesterday instead of me getting all bent out of shape, I finished getting ready and left. I got to work on time and it was a much better day for me. So since practice is supposed to make perfect, here we are. The dogs got me up anyway.
I wanted to go to the gym for strength training, but Hugh went out squirrel hunting with his buddy and the dad. That was cool! He needs some "guy stuff" and the fresh air was good for him. That did crimp my gym time, so I mopped the floor and cleaned up the kitchen a bit. Then since he still was not home, I dug out my Biggest Loser Cardio Max DVD. I did workouts 1 and 2 with Bob and then Jillian. I think I pulled a little something, maybe not. IDK. But I do know I am feeling mucles that I don't normally feel achey in. That's a good thing. Lunges! I know it was the lunges that made my butt hurt, but I can do them. I was able to do them last winter and quit doing the DVDs when I got all "spoiled brat" on myself. Since I've been thinking about putting the gym on hold for a couple of months, this was a good way to test drive my winter workout plan. Bob's workout uses weights. I remember telling my family last Christmas that I wanted a set of 10 pound weights. Their response was to get me a set of fives with this: "Do you know how heavy 10 pounds weights are?!!?" *Yes, dear fam, I do...* So I went and bought them myself. They seemed really heavy 8 months ago when I was still "doing Bob" but since I now use 20 pound weights a the gym, the 10s seem silly. It was still hard to heft them after a while, but it felt good.
Today is cleaning and a movie day. I have laundry to do on top of cleaning, but I'm up so early that I can't see not getting it done. We will then go to Wisconsin Dells - tourist trap of the Midwest - and see the 2nd Madagascar movie. I think we'll go to the outlet mall for some pants for Hugh. I can see his current jeans are digging into him. So what if he needs a belt? He needs to be comfortable, too. We'll also do a little grocery shopping. I need some Smart Ones for school lunch. I've decided to go that way for a while and only eat homemade at supper time. That way I can be in more control of the points. I need to lose like 6 pounds more so I can meet my goal and get a pedicure before I have to cut the ends out of my shoes.
Make it a great day, people. I will check in later.
linda
An Expensive Egg
1 day ago

3 comments:
Good morning, Linda! My, you are up early. I was so tickled for you when I read your description of being comfortable in Jeans again! YAH HOOOO!!! That is something I had almost forgotten about. What a good reminder. And, I completely agree with you about the pictures. Much better to enjoy that 'feeling' of looking 'damned good.' A great motivator to keep working at it.
I'll have to check out those biggest loser dvd's. I'm wanting to get some more 'home' workouts for the winter months. BTW, I finally got myself one of those sets of variable weights and added a few one pound weights, so I can go from 5 pounds all the way up to 30 or 40 pounds. They came in a little suitcase, and I think I got them for $30 or $40 on sale. I really hesitated to spend that much, but it was cheaper in the long run than buying the sets one at a time as I progressed.
you are up at the CRACK these days.
do you have a toddler there youre not telling us about?
hope it was a fun day and that you liked the movie. husband and child :) saw it when I was hanging in chicago. she didnt like...he did!
Im off to see a lowbrowtrashycomedy.
mind candy.
xo xo,
Miz.
Linda,
CONGRATS on getting in those pants. It's so exciting isn't it?
Glad you did the in home workout since you couldn't make it to the gym. That is dedication!
I bet the pictures are awesome. You should show us *wink*
Post a Comment