Feels like another one of those weeks....tomorrow night is my only non-meeting night this week, 'cept for Friday. I don't like these weeks. Makes me want to quit doing some of the things I do - not the gym but the other "we have to have a meeting" gigs.
I'm on village gov't here. Our village hall/library flooded in June. Here we are 6 months later and still no new building. Two weeks ago we decided to move forward and build new. Last night someone came forward wanting us to fix up the old building. I am so perturbed. We talk and talk and talk and never take any action. I strongly expressed my opinion about NOT putting money into the wreck we had. I want new! I want something for Hugh to be able to say to his kids: "My mom helped make "that" happen." Only, it probably won't happen. And I'll just be disappointed and aggravated. When i got home from meeting last night, i was really stressed. Good thing there isn't much appealing junk in this house. I ate Laughing Cow lite swiss cheese and FF popcorn...even gave the majority of the popcorn to that Hugh.
Maybe I spent so much time spinning my own wheels with the weight and health that part of my "new me" is into taking action to get-'er-done. I D K.
I do know that the other female on the board may have a stick up her arse...she oughta have that looked at. She's so uptight she squeaks. Conservative? Geez! Ugrh! Aaaaagh! I want to poke her in the eye with tabasco sauce on my finger.
And the 3 men on the board are good fellas when it comes to building roads and stuff, but they don't want to make things happen. They wait for others to make move and (one especially) throw up redneck roadblocks courtesy of the "good ol'boy network."
So I'm a little perplexed this morning. I work out of the village, so I don't know what crazy decision they will come to. I spoke my peace. Let the chips fall where they may (whatever that means.)
Tonight is weigh in. I stayd w/in my points yesterday and had a good workout. We'll see.
TTFN
linda
An Expensive Egg
1 day ago

4 comments:
Linda,
I found your blog just tody for the first time, and believe me, I know where you're at. I have had a weight problem all my life. I had joined WW 14 times; always losing some weight, sometimes more than others, but never all of it,never enough. A little over 4 years ago I got into that place you need to be in when you want to lose weight and I decided I would do it on my own. I didn't really need to go to the meetings because I had never felt like I related to the people there anyway. And I already knew how the points worked, so I got started. I followed the points system but didn't "push it" to the limits.In other words I ate on the lower end of my range on lots of days. When I wasn't exactly sure how many points in something, I would err on the side of caution and count it for the larger number. I did not eat pasta, or any other basically empty carbs. (WW gives out LOTS of pasta recipes!)No cookies! Non of the junk or high-cal stuff that, theoretically, you could eat if you counted it. But I don't think you can lose weight eating all that stuff. I decided I wanted to eat the healthiest food with the most possible nutient and with less calories. Since I was eating way less, I wanted to get the most bang for the calorie buck. Simple foods whithout lots of ingredients are easier to prepare and easier to count. Non-fat yougurt, oatmeal, all-bran, fruit, vegetables,fish,chicken. Soups (lots of veg, no cream!) are so satisfying. Add beans to soups; eat beans any way you can! filling, lots of fiber, easy if you use the canned varieties and so good for you. Stop going to buffets, please, I'm only saying this because I totally understand...there's all this food on those things. You're losing weight..you don't NEED all that food and you don't need to be tempted by all that food. After you've lost some weight, there is a sense of satisfaction, I think.Some days are easier than others. On some days you feel like your points just are not enough.. where did they go? But there are some days, especially after you've lost a bit of weight, where you think it really seems like a lot of food.(Not a LOT of those, but some!)Then, walk, just walk. MAKE TIME, it's so IMPORTANT. I tried to make walks 30 min. but they seemed to fall short a bit, especially as I lost weight and got faster. If you're at the gym on the bike or treadmill this should work in yor cold winters.
Whe I started really losing, people would ask how I did it. That's when I really understood.
There is no magic formula:EAT LESS and MOVE YOR BODY MORE.
I lost 183 pounds.
Ohhhh, don't be anonymous! I want to know you. Dang. If you come back - reveal! You have a story to tell.
linda
And thank you for the words of encouragement. I need them
Linda,
Here I am back. I hit a wrong button. I didn't lose 183; I lost 123. I started out at 283, my top weight.
I know you can do it. It's just getting in that mindset. I was scared of getting older and afraid being fat was going to kill me.
ok I just got all kinds of sucked into sheilas comment too!
and my mind hath gone blank.
keep us posted on weight in.
Miz.
Post a Comment