Hi everyone. Well, I got my pc back. This time it was the power something or other.
Since last we met, Mr. Fuzzy-the-cat got into some hummingbird nectar and had an adverse reaction. (I didn't know cats would drink sugar water. Huh.) He probably should have gone into a diabetic coma. After a night at the vet he is now home, and he is diabetic. Now nurse Linda has to give him shots of insulin and feed him special diabetic formula food to try to build him back up. I was afraid we were going to lose him, and Hugh and I were both pretty wrecked for two days.
The job front is also still up in the air. The board has asked for the impossible and seems to expect to get it as far as our next contract.
Bad news: I'm starting to crumble. I find that I'm sitting here way too much. I'm also eating badly. The sense of hopelessness and futility has worn me down to a blob of little resilience at the moment. Frankly, it sucks. I'm starting to worry about money and how I am going to pay my bills and all that happy hoo-ha that comes with the territory. On the plus side, I am now a member of LinkdIn and working on resume and how to network to seek other employement. We shall see what happens there. I'm for another year teaching. That would be simple.
Sorry I've not been a faithful reader of many blogs. It's just hard times right now, and I'm not. I do check in somtimes and just not post.Sorry. Really.
Make it a great day. We are going fishing with my brother. I hope we catch anything, ANYTHING, even if we throw it back.
TTYL!
An Expensive Egg
1 day ago

9 comments:
You have a lot going on, Linda, and it's understandable to feel overwhelmed by everything. Try not to let yourself sink too far...I know it's hard. Glad that your kitty pulled through, but shots - wow, I don't know if I could do that. You are a strong woman!
I will keep crossing my fingers that your job situation improves. Hang in there, sweetie!
Linda - sending HUGE hugs your way!
I was a single parent for the first 8 years of my daughters life, and I understand where you are coming from.
Luckily I lived with my parents - the job I had after I had Hannah let me go my first day back. The only job I could get was a temp job (this is 17 years ago) and I made $150 a week, and my car payment was $150!
I agree with Shelley - you are a strong person - its hard when it seems that everything happens at once!
Sorry about your kitty - I feel his pain - I take up to 5 shots a day myself!
Hang in there! :D
I hear you on the crumblage.
you have been hanging in and so freakin optimistic Id almost begun to think you werent human.
take care of you, yours, and the diabetic cat :) and we will be waiting here for when you have a moment for us.
Hope fishing was relaxing...
Linda, I will keep you in my prayers.
Do you get to eat the fish you catch? Yumm...
Have a great time going fishing. I totally understand your feelings. That is tough. I hope and pray that a job opens up for you!
Lots of us need to get back on the wagon, Linda. I started one week ago but have not thrown myself into it full bore on the exercise but am doing lots better on the food part. It's very hot here right now (which never happens) so it's not that good to move a lot anyway. Next week there will be no excuses.
Hope things work our well for you!
Linda, I'm a little concerned about you after your last post. You were down in the dumps and now you're not posting. I hope you are out and about and that that is the reason for not hearing from you. I finally got up off the sofa myself and I'm taking babysteps to improvement. I need you to help inspire me! Let's all do this together! Let us at least know you're okay.
Hugs.
checking on you....
any job word?
Post a Comment