Thursday, July 2, 2009

Thursday - things to do.

Hi friends.



Yesterday was a good day. I picked up the contacts but haven't had them in yet. I should do that soon, but it isn't a good day for it because I have much going on. I'll be picking up one of my protegees this afternoon and heading to La Crosse, WI where I attended college and lived for roughly 10 years. If I could live anywhere else but here, I'd go to La Crosse for sure. Anyway, there is a reunion at the UW Theatre Dept. and since I graduated from there 20 years ago this year I decided to attend. I'm not sure anyone else from those days is going. A few of them were going to meet 20 miles from here in June and promised to call me, but they didn't. That was a sign to me that they didn't care to see me, so screw them! At any rate, I'm taking my p.t.gee along so she can look at the school. She's extremely talented and smart and while I wouldn't stear her toward a degree in performance, I would stear her toward UW LaX because it's an awesome school. And she could do musical theatre for fun. And be in their choirs and such stuff. Oh and we will see the Summerstage production of the musical Hair. I've never seen it and wanted her to experience a really well-done college production. So, off we go.

Yesterday was a pretty good day. I cleaned floors - needing to do so badly. I have to whip this place into semi-shape cuz I'll be having houseguests later. Don't want to give them a bad impression of how I live in real life now, do I?


I went to the store and stumbled on a fish and seafood sale. I bought ahi tuni fillets, just 2 of them because I wanted to see what that was about. So i made faux risotto with asparagus and peas, grape tomatoes with fresh basil plucked from my garden, and pan-seared ahi tuna. Voila!



I used some really awesome locally grown feta cheese in the risotto along with neufchatel. I wish I had only eaten as much risotto as is on the plate, because I ate way too much of it. I made it with brown rice. And he tomato combo was inspired by a side I ate at Outback. They put 3 puny not-that-great shrimp on top of them. Fresh basil, salt, pepper, grape maters - yum! I'm not a tomato fan by any stretch of the mind, but I have to say that this was really, really good. The tuna was good, too. I'm a fish skeptic, you see, in spite of the healthy qualities promoted everywhere. I have a second fillet to grill. Maybe this weekend.

I have to run. Make it a great day, folks. TTYL

3 comments:

carla said...

wow
I loooove yer new look!

heres to another good day.

a great day.

and please to come by here and whip my domicile into shape while youre at it.

THANK GOODNESS the 4th is an outdoor holiday.

Ron said...

Hope you enjoyed the reunion, your meal pictured here looks awesome!

theantijared said...

I got some fish the other day as well. you know, just for the halibut!!!


Don't forget to tip your waitress!