Hi friends.
Sorry I didnt' get here yesterday. Time got away from me.
On the job front, it was recommended that my job be cut to 50%. In short, I'd lose my house, car, etc. My students will lose the wondrous variety of learning opportunities available to them now. THAT'S NOT FAIR. I'm hoping that the reality of such drastic cuts will set in soon and sanity will reign. *IHS parental units: school board meeting 7/13 at 7:30. Please go if only to listen. You need to be fully aware of what is being considered, the dollars involved, and the long-term impact of making decisions too quickly and without all the information will do to our school. ASK QUESTIONS!!!!
Anyway, I got my lab results back and all are okay. No diabetes! My cholesterol was 212, and I can get that down below 200 if I stop eating red meat so often and veggies more often. I'm okay on the good/bad LDL, so whooot whoot!
Been trying to get out of the house more and into the yard, on the bike trail and to the pool. So far so good. My yard is shaping up, and I have plenty more weeds to pull and things to cut, chop, and whack. I love playing outside. I Haven't weighed in since I went to doc's last week. I don't want to. I've kicked the scale junkie thing. A+ to me on that.
Twink joined me the other day for rhubarb pie on the patio. She says: "meow" and it comes out sounding like "mack". She's my old "mack mack cat". Hope you are all swell. I'll catch you tomorrow after I've had my boobies smashed inthe garage door...errrr, I mean my mammogram.
TTFN

4 comments:
uh GREAT NEWS on the labs but (waitforit) WTF with regards to the JOB, linda!
What's the next step? simply waiting until 7/13??
Hope the School board makes the right decisions! Sounds like your keeping busy and active... keep it up!
So sorry to hear about your job - that really sucks and it sounds like the board is being very shortsighted.
Congrats on the bloodwork!!! And YAY YOU for not weighing in...that's such a boost to your mental health, I know!!!
Thinking good thoughts on your job situation! I assume it's a state budget driven issue similar to the teacher layoffs in CA? Definitely penny wise and pound foolish!
Post a Comment