Saturday, July 4, 2009

It's Independence Day

Good morning folks.

Sorry i was not on yesterday. We got home from theater doin's after midnight, so my whole day was "kitty-whompus".

I didn't see anyone I really knew at the reunion. Oh well. Kind of disappointing. But seeing Hair was awesome. I have the theatre bug again. Must.Do.Community.Theatre. Will be looking in to that soon. My protege loved it just as I'd imagined she would. She is taking some other girls to see it tomorrow. Cool, right? I wasn't really aware of the nudity at the end of act one, but sure enough many actors skinned on stage for all the world, or at least the audience, to see. HOLY SHIITAKE! We are scarred for life.

Yesterday I used my first home-grown zucchini. I sauteed it with onions and garlic. Ate it over pasta with some asiago cheese. YUM> and i used whole-grain pasta, yes I did! My other meal of the day was pizza - thin crust, sausage and jalapeno. Not on my plan, but I was in a Hair/driving/up-to-early stupor. Oh well.

Today I have no social plans. Kinda fee like a loser. Maybe something will come my way.

I have to mow the yard. It looks like it wants to rain today, though. Better do it soon.

Make it a grand and glorious day wherever you are....ooops, forgot something.

Found out yesterday that my school is looking for places to make cuts. Instead of looking at the big picture, they are immediately looking at the small picture, meaning at cutting staff positions or at least reducing some to less pay - I'm one of them. I would be financially screwed, glued, and tattooed if this happens. There are plenty of things the district could do starting with charging usage fees to community groups using facilities outside of school to bring in money. I'm really nervous about the proposition of having my job reduced. If local parents are still reading my blog, please go to the school board meeting July 6. Mrs. Willis's job as well as Mrs. Veith, Mrs. Behrens, Mr. Favreau are all being considered for trimming or cutting. We already have cut another teacher in elementary - 25 to a class is too big and "we did it back in the day" is being used to defend that. I think about how many kids fell through the cracks so much sooner when classes were that big - YIKES! I hope you people will stand up and tell your school board that quality of education and quality teachers mean more to you than free use of the school and travelling 2 hours to compete in games and meets. Help!

5 comments:

Brightcetera said...

Happy 4th, Linda!
I love community theatre but don't go often enough. Why? I need to get out more ... it sounds like you had fun.
your pasta dish with your first home-grown zucchini sounds delish...love asiago cheese.

Plan for the worst ... hope for the best ... hopefully you'll get to keep your job as it is

Shelley said...

Glad you liked Hair, even with the nekkid people - it's my favorite theatre show!

Your homegrown zucchini sounds great - Biz over at Biggest Diabetic Loser made a "pasta" by julienning zucchini and tossing it with a bit of olive oil and cheese...I finally bought a julienne peeler and will go hunt down her post - it looked so good, I'll bet you would like it, too.

Scary times with your job - I sincerely hope your district comes to its senses before they cut jobs. Good luck.

Have a happy 4th - we aren't doing anything either, but that's ok - I just look at it as a relaxation day.

Ron said...

Enjoy your 4th!, hope that the school board looks at the big picture!!!

Shelley said...

Sorry for the second comment, but I found Biz's zucchini post...hmmm, she didn't add cheese, but I think I would add a bit of parmesean.

http://biz319.wordpress.com/2009/05/27/filet-with-mashed-potatoes-and-zucchini-spaghetti/

Miz said...

Must.Do.Community.Theatre.

I kinda have that bug as well.
I miss getting on stage and the camaraderie of a show.

DO IT so I can live, errr, act vicariously.