The days sure get away from me around here. I guess it's good that I am busy busy busy.
I've been working on cleaning my garage - what packrat put all this crap out there? I mean, seriously, people. Took a mess of stuff to the curb for Mr. Garbage man yesterday. I'm not even finished yet, though. I had to get new tires on the Focus Tuesday, so I went in search of a garden hand clipper thing...well, I got a branch cutter, hedge trimmer, and a clipper thing in a set with my birthday money. So that afternoon I set to trimming branches and trees and what a difference that made. I can really see that I need to paint my garage now.
I prepped my driveway on Monday. Tuesday I filled all the cracks I could with the one bottle of filler I had. I could have used several bottles, I think. Wednesday looked rainy, so I waited until yesterday to do the seal-coating. Mission accomplished!

I told you the other day that I started a new perennial garden project. I've been pecking away at that in my spare time. I've removed quite a bit of the sod, and I have a few things moved from the main garden to this one. They look dead, but it's like that sometimes. Below you can see my progress.

After finishing the driveway, delivering a salad to a funeral luncheon, and chatting with local folks with their fingers on the pulse of the universe that is my town, I decided that I need some new shorts. So I drove to the outlet mall for a little retail therapy. Seems I put my weight back on in my ass, because nothing fit in what had been a new size for me. Whatever! So I got 2 pair of shorts that fit and two tops. Since I was out, I stopped at Walmart to look at their perennials - ohhhh boy! I found 2 things for $2/ea. Others were $4, so I grabbed up a few things. Home Depot is right there, so I went there as well. I really like coneflower, and I have purple and white. Well, hell's bells, people they had it in 2 shades of pink and in yellow, so I jumped on it. Now I'm done. I have moonflower in purple and white, phlox in pink and white (have purple out there already) a pink coreopsis that is downright cute almost, and another kind of yellow daisy-ish thing I can't name right off. (In my garage cleaning I unearthed my son's red wagon and it's now my garden trolley.) I also saw some clay pots on a garbage heap and jumped on them...LOL...I'm a woman possessed.

On the job front, I am growing more and more nervous about the situation. Scared and sad is kinda how I'm feeling. It could be PMS, frankly. Still it's really hard not knowing what the future will bring. Please continue to pray that our school board will come to their senses and keep everyone. They are being lied to, plain and simple. The best expression of it is this:
"There ain't nothin' more powerful than the odor of mendacity...You can smell it. It smells like death." (Tennessee Williams, Cat on a Hot Tin Roof)
I love that word - mendacity. It fills the mouth and covers so much territory, especially when uttered with a Southern accent. If you don't know what it means, look it up...(lying, okay?)
Hey, if you are running out of zucchini, come on over. I have plenty.
Make it a great day, everyone. See you on the blogs.

2 comments:
Your driveway looks great, and as always, I'm so impressed with your green thumb and your work ethic!!!
I'll keep thinking the good thoughts about your job for you, Linda.
Looks like you are keeping very busy, still wishing for the best for you in the school situation!
Post a Comment