
Can you see that that is the skin of a very big snake? It was cool!!! But we didn't linger. Hugh and I made it back to the homefront. I made him talk with me about refusing to do hard stuff. He has been driving his father crazy with crying and carrying on when it comes to doing physical stuff that is too hard or too hot or too something. I think he's afraid of failing or looking dumb or something. I really want him to learn that "Just do it!" isn't a tennis shoe logo. I told him that I've missed out on too many opportunities because I gave up too easily. I dont want that happening to him, cuz cool stuff comes to people who take calculated risks. And he had to admit that the ride was fun.
Saturday - I got up early and walked the dogs. I made another batch of muffins with zucchini and this time some peanut butter. Then we went on a garden tour here in our area. Saw some really cool stuff, and I'm inspired once again to start my own new project. Gonna start digging up the yard to expand my flower beds. I'll be creating a faux fence of these crazy flowers that have taken over my main garden...I can't wait. We then went to the county fair. Hugh wants to join 4-H. I think that could be really, really good for him. He loves building stuff with Legos, so he wants a place to show off his work. We have critters and we garden and we love taking pictures of nature, so I think he has some opportunities to get involved. I never did when I was a kid. Then we ate at a Mexican restaurante. It was pretty good stuff. Then off to Menars, the home improvement store that isn't Lowe's or Home Depot but is Wisconsin-based and damned fine in the area of stuff for fix-ups. I am going to "do" my driveway this week. I have to go out and fish all the weeds out of the cracks and crevices this week. Then I'll hose it down, dry it, and slather on the black driveway goo. Sounds exciting, doesn't it? We came home and mowed the lawn. It was a busy day.
So here I am at Sunday. I've pottied the dogs. I need to have me some coffee, take my pill, wait for an hour to eat. Then I'll be hitting the yard. I have laundry that needs done. Also need to work on the garage and driveway. I hope this finds you all well.
Make it a great day!

4 comments:
Cool snake skin ... will you be making a purse out of that this week as well? Sounds like you have the time ... hehehe
Phooning is simply absurd.
www.phoons.com
I think I was a scared of trying new things kid myself. Or if I tried it once and hadn't had it mastered (!) I'd quit.
I hope you're able to work through this with Hugh so that he doesn't have to live in fear of trying new things or giving up when things get hard.
You're a great Mom, Linda!
Those muffins sound great! And congrats to Hugh for making it through the bike ride...most of it is mental, and I can totally relate to him!
Have a great day, Linda!
LOL @ Fitcetra as of course youre gonna make sandals right?
Ill take a size 8 please.
Looks like we are around the same start weight. congrats on your lb lost so far!
- Lisa
www.losewithlisa.blogspot.com
Post a Comment